PDA

View Full Version : found some!

Tom W.
11-25-2015, 11:39 PM
After looking in my lgs and anywhere else I could for the last year I wandered into a local pawn shop and saw that their powder display had one can of Bullseye. It now resides in my loading bench. $25 plus tax per pound.

Blackwater
11-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Recently bought @ 4 lbs.+ of Unique from a local who didn't want it. Been looking for another keg for a while, and this one just popped up. Truly, these are the days that the old adage, "even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then if he just keeps rooting," really apply in SPADES! Now I can find it in several places. Ol' Murphy and his Law surely do seem to run rampant these days, doesn't he?

DerekP Houston
11-26-2015, 08:54 PM
I keep an eye around, but I can't understand the restocking pattern of Gander Mountain to save my life.

Rich/WIS
11-27-2015, 12:23 AM
Not sure of how the distribution system works, seems some places have been low or out for the last several years and others have it on hand. Ace Hardware in town here and the one in Stevens Point had powder (selection varied) and primers during the shortage, LGS about 30 mile north had most everything. LGS up north will tell you over the phone what they have and will hold it for you if you come up that day. Have gotten several pounds of IMR 4064, SR 4759, and two 8# jugs of Bullseye this spring and summer. Prices on the rifle powder weren't bad $22-23 lb, BE was about $18 lb. Powder at the local Ace was about $2 a pound higher. Primers have been about #35/K.

DerekP Houston
11-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Ace hardware carries powder???

Bob Busetti
11-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Big R in my area (Canon City, Co) has a fair selection of powder & primers reasonably priced too.

runfiverun
11-27-2015, 02:52 PM
some Ace hardware stores do carry reloading supplies. [so do some wal-marts and cal ranch stores]
ours doesn't, but we had 2 gun stores in town so there was no sense in it.

finding powder doesn't seem to be a problem, finding the powders I want is.
I had better luck when it wasn't available.

relic
12-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Where can I find trail boss? Is there something going on with powder coming out of Austrailia?

jonp
12-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Idk. I bought 2lbs at a gunshow 2 weeks ago and they had several lbs of it along with some tin star