PDA

View Full Version : A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift

BrassMagnet
11-25-2015, 08:51 AM

I got this Christmas card from my parents several years ago. I really like it and I saved it. This poor cowboy is working on trimming a tumbleweed to look like a Christmas tree, He even has the paint ready to paint it green.
I suspect there aren't going to be many gifts under his Christmas tree.

I suspect some of our newer members are going to have a Christmas like my cowboy's Christmas.
Some of our newer members need to start casting to afford ammo, but can't afford the basics to cast with. Or to load with!
So here is a little Merry Christmas help for a fairly new member:

To be eligible for this Christmas gift you must have been a member more than a month and less than a year on Christmas day. Also, you must not have received a Christmas gift from me last year.

Since it is still before Thanksgiving, I haven't decided what to give as a gift.

To apply for this post a short post of why you need help with gifts under your Christmas tree. Then send me a PM titled "Christmas gift" with a more detailed description of why you need assistance, what reloading experience and reloading tools you have, and what casting experience and casting tools you have. Include your name and mailing address in the PM, but not in the post.

I will likely have members pledge to help me with this. More are welcome to join in. To join in, please PM me on how you would like to help and please do not post in this thread unless you are eligible for the Christmas gift and requesting the Christmas gift.

BrassMagnet

xbeeman412
11-26-2015, 09:23 AM
Count on Me or help Brass. Let Me know whats needed.

BrassMagnet
11-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Now that Thanksgiving has passed, and a great Thanksgiving with much to be thankful for, it is time to start thinking about Christmas. This Thanksgiving we got to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with Mrs. Brass's family on Thursday and with my family on Friday!

So what could end up under your tree? Anything to cast or reload with that you don't already have. Maybe even more than one item on your needs list. Maybe an improvement to what you have.

Now it is time for fair warning. I am extremely offended when someone replaces Christ's name with an "x" in Christmas. Someone that does that has no reason to be celebrating Christ's birth, so I will not even consider giving them a Christmas present.

BrassMagnet
11-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Here is a poem and a photo of what ended up under the Christmas tree for a Cowboy last Christmas:

Poem by Cowboy Dan

'Twas a week before Christmas
and in the reloading room,
not a sound was to be heard
ere the crash and the boom.
I jumped from my seat
and thought, "My homebrew's exploded!"
The floor was dry near the
door, so my fears eroded.
And what I saw there
gave me such a start.
A man dressed in red
with a golden heart.
And all 'round his belt
empty cartridges hung,
so that each time he stepped,
each one of them rung.
Then Brassy Clause said,
"You have been a good boy,
so I and the elves thought,
'Let's get him a new toy.' "
I looked at my bench
and what did I see?
A new Lyman mold
was waiting for me.
But that was not all,
for he opened his pack
and then the gifts
began to stack.
Brass and sizing dies
And goodies to boot
were all laid out by
The man in the red suit.
Then I gave him a homebrew
and as I said "adieu,"
He said "Merry Christmas
e'ryone, from me to you."

Thank You to everyone who made the following pile possible:

A LOT of people helped out!

Did you notice he didn't include the tree? Was it pine or tumbleweed?
We'll never know!

BrassMagnet
12-02-2015, 09:27 PM
No Christmas presents needed?

tinhorn97062
12-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Maybe folks are feeing a bit shy?

Cowboy_Dan
12-03-2015, 02:26 AM
I know I felt shy last year. Don't be scared people.

tomme boy
12-03-2015, 08:49 PM
They might not know that it is here. Maybe post in the sale forum???????

Dirtdgger
12-03-2015, 08:53 PM
I would like to help out on this too brass! Let me know what is needed.
Merry Christmas.

BrassMagnet
12-03-2015, 09:32 PM
They might not know that it is here. Maybe post in the sale forum???????

Never! That brings in Trolls!

rancher1913
12-04-2015, 12:19 AM
maybe somebody knows somebody that could use some help, let brassmagnet know in a pm if you don't want to post publicly.( hope thats ok with you ron.)

tinhorn97062
12-04-2015, 10:44 AM
To apply for this post a short post of why you need help with gifts under your Christmas tree. Then send me a PM titled "Christmas gift" with a more detailed description of why you need assistance, what reloading experience and reloading tools you have, and what casting experience and casting tools you have. Include your name and mailing address in the PM, but not in the post.

I could use help with gifts under my tree because I have a very small budget for these things. My wife and daughter's needs (and wants too, for that matter) come first, and what's left doesn't always facilitate a shopping spree for me. So, it takes me a while to accumulate various items. And I would'to trade the situation for anything, because I love knowing that they have what they need. :-)

BrassMagnet
12-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Wonder of wonders, we have a qualified applicant.

Don't be shy. We have room for more!

douglasskid
12-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Brassmagnet: Let me know if I can help.
Ed

BrassMagnet
12-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Clearly there are more members facing Christmas with not much under the Christmas tree.
Posts #1 and #3 show who can ask for help, how to ask for help, and what not to do.
Hint: It's Christmas and abbreviations offend me.

skeettx
12-06-2015, 07:07 PM
I will assist with GLEE at the CHRISTmas time :)
what do y'all need??
Mike

p.s. tinhorn97062, what do you have in mind??
I do have your address if you still live at #G8

p.s.s. our tumbleweed tree
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/skeettx/MVC-006S_2.jpg

tinhorn97062
12-06-2015, 07:22 PM
I will assist with GLEE at the CHRISTmas time :)
what do y'all need??
Mike

p.s. tinhorn97062, what do you have in mind??
I do have your address if you still live at #G8

skeet,
that address is still valid until Feb. 1st, which at that time we will have a Texas address. As far as what I have in mind...well, let's just see who else chimes in with a need. There may be one or more who's needs are greater than mine. :-)

skeettx
12-06-2015, 09:00 PM
OK, good, PM me your new address when you get to good OLE TEXAS and I will send you are welcoming box :)
In that way you do not have to lug the stuff 1000s of miles or pay to freight it

Merry CHRISTmas

Mike

BrassMagnet
12-06-2015, 09:26 PM
OK, good, PM me your new address when you get to good OLE TEXAS and I will send you are welcoming box :)
In that way you do not have to lug the stuff 1000s of miles or pay to freight it

Merry CHRISTmas

Mike

Tinhorn will be celebrating his Christmas in Texas in February.
SkeetTX and I will be sending his Christmas presents to his address in Texas in February.

Now we still need some more qualified members in need!

xbeeman412
12-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Don't leave Me out with helping. Let Me in the loop as to needs.

tinhorn97062
12-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Tinhorn will be celebrating his Christmas in Texas in February.
SkeetTX and I will be sending his Christmas presents to his address in Texas in February.

Now we still need some more qualified members in need!

:bigsmyl2:

You guys are fantastic.

goodolejim
12-06-2015, 09:32 PM
What's wonderful to me is the number of members who have jumped in to help!

BrassMagnet
12-06-2015, 09:36 PM
What's wonderful to me is the number of members who have jumped in to help!

Many more followed the posted rules and PMed their gift info to me. Now we need people in need.

BrassMagnet
12-07-2015, 11:45 PM
So many gifts for December and no one in need.
That can't be true!

OldFogey
12-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Guys, I prefer to be on the giving side and would like to wait and see if there are those out there more in need than I.

Don't want to bore any of you with too many details, but a few years ago, I got hurt, lost my business and we ended up in bankruptcy, losing pretty much everything. A little over a year ago, my wife became ill and required 24 hr care for about eight months. She is much better now. Not fully recovered, but much better.

I have been trying to gather together my shooting, reloading, casting equipment by selling wheel weight lead. Thanks to many of you who have bought from me, I have managed to acquire quite a bit of what I need. My 'short list" of things I need (want is a better word), includes a 303 brit. neck sizing die, a mold for my 303, gunsmithing books and videos, etc. BUT...........There HAS to be someone out there whose needs are greater than my own.

BrassMagnet
12-09-2015, 10:07 PM
We are running out of time to get gifts under trees.
We need more people!
We have plenty of givers and few in need!

Rock
12-10-2015, 12:12 AM
We have plenty of givers and few in need!

That sounds like an ideal situation, a lack of need is an amazing thing these days.

BrassMagnet
12-11-2015, 07:34 AM
That sounds like an ideal situation, a lack of need is an amazing thing these days.

There is no reason to be embarrassed because you can use a little help from a friend.
Right now it is looking like some of the gifts will not be given out because we have no one yet that needs or can use what we have set aside for Christmas gifts this year.

BrassMagnet
12-12-2015, 12:07 PM
We are rapidly running out of time to do this. I will be closing this thread soon. It will be a disappointment to not actually give away the gifts.
If you qualify, stop waiting for someone more needy to apply!

Pipefitter
12-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Three of the hardest things a man cad do are 1, admit he needs help. 2, ask for that help. And 3, accept that help.
With that said I will explain a bit of myself, I worked most of this year but my boss threw me under the buss a couple weeks ago. I have presents for my wife and kids, but packages under the tree with my name on them will be pretty slim this year.
I could use a small primer pocket uniformer for my stash of 223 brass, maybe a .495 round ball mold. I shoot and load for .223, 45LC, 45ACP, 38/357. I swage for the .223 and the 45's, but mostly buy .357/.358 projectiles for the 38/357. (I dont even have any kind of luber/sizer, but that is not an issue with me).
I do have some soft lead and some tin if someone is in need, and an extra RCBS primer pocket swage set (press mounted dies) if a member is in need of it.

Thank you all and Merry Christmas, Pipefitter.

roscottjr
12-13-2015, 01:16 AM
I could really use some wheel weight lead but same as last year, I don't qualify for this thread. However, I think it is great that all of you are out to help someone in need. I agree with what someone else already said, maybe those who qualify just haven't seen this thread or don't know it is here.

Robert

DerekP Houston
12-13-2015, 06:46 AM
I'm unemployed and new but I stockpiled all my goodies early in the year! I just want to see how this turns out. I'll nominate Pipefitter.

BrassMagnet
12-13-2015, 02:02 PM
The water is still fine. Jump in!

fast ronnie
12-15-2015, 12:10 AM
I was the recipient of Brass' giving nature this year and last. Just want to say a public "thank you" for a man more than willing to help a fellow member.
I also enjoyed our range time and watermelon.
Merry Christmas, Brass.

BrassMagnet
12-15-2015, 08:47 AM
We are running out of time. All of the qualified members above this post are receiving Christmas presents because they posted and PMed as requested in posts one and two.
Adding your name will not change what they receive at all.
We have gifts which will not be given out because none of the qualified members need or want them.
We need more qualified members in need of Christmas help. Time is running out! Post and PM quick!

DerekP Houston
12-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Well spoke to soon.....cracked the plastic hopper on my lee auto disk dispenser. If anyone has an extra I'd be grateful.

EDIT: Checked with Lee, guess it is a common issue since they have replacement parts for $2. Thanks Norbrat for the offer!

Norbrat
12-16-2015, 12:34 AM
gnet
Well spoke to soon.....cracked the plastic hopper on my lee auto disk dispenser. If anyone has an extra I'd be grateful

I've got one, the smaller, grey, squarish one, as I've upgraded to the bigger, round, red one.

If it's OK with the BrassMagnet, I'd be happy to send it to you. Probably won't make it in time for Christmas, as it will come from Australia.

BrassMagnet
12-16-2015, 07:42 AM
gnet

I've got one, the smaller, grey, squarish one, as I've upgraded to the bigger, round, red one.

If it's OK with the BrassMagnet, I'd be happy to send it to you. Probably won't make it in time for Christmas, as it will come from Australia.

I like your plan!
Merry Christmas!
Do you by chance listen to the band Redgum?

rancher1913
12-16-2015, 09:59 AM
I would like to nominate children of casters, maybe boaz's daughter, maybe natgunguys daughter, and I'm sure there are others.

Norbrat
12-16-2015, 06:33 PM
I like your plan!
Merry Christmas!
Do you by chance listen to the band Redgum?

Yep, Redgum was pretty popular in the '80's and it was a local band for me as I was living in Adelaide at the time.

Their best known song is "I was only 19" about a conscript soldier in Vietnam.

Wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Was_Only_Nineteen

Video clip of the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY

BrassMagnet
12-16-2015, 07:36 PM
Yep, Redgum was pretty popular in the '80's and it was a local band for me as I was living in Adelaide at the time.

Their best known song is "I was only 19" about a conscript soldier in Vietnam.

Wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Was_Only_Nineteen

Video clip of the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY

I was down there visiting when it was popular.
I still listen to it. The CD is in my work vehicle right now.
It took some work to find someone to send a CD to replace my vinyl.

Norbrat
12-17-2015, 01:11 AM
I was down there visiting when it was popular.
I still listen to it. The CD is in my work vehicle right now.
It took some work to find someone to send a CD to replace my vinyl.

If you want anything from DownUnder, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

BrassMagnet
12-17-2015, 09:51 PM
It is time to close this thread down.
If you are still sitting on the fence, jump in now or it will be too late.

BrassMagnet
12-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Going...Going...

BrassMagnet
12-18-2015, 10:52 PM
Going...Going...

Going...Going...Gone

Tomorrow I will try to compile the wish lists and see how many we can fill.

osteodoc08
12-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Brass. Let me know how I can help as well. PM me

OldFogey
12-29-2015, 01:22 AM
Great guys on this forum! Thanks to BrassMagnet for the sizing dies. I'm itching to try them out.

Pipefitter
12-29-2015, 06:31 PM
A big thank you and Merry Christmas to Brassmagnet for the round ball mould, and the members who sent me 40S&W brass for Christmas

skeettx
02-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Tinhorn's Christmas present mail to TEXAS this morning
Mike

BrassMagnet
02-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Mike

And another yesterday!

tinhorn97062
02-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Mike

Thank you for the mold, Mike! I can't wait to get some boolits dropping out of that guy. :-)

skeettx
02-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Yeee Hawww, enjoy shooting the 9mm, what fun, what fun
Mike

tinhorn97062
02-10-2016, 06:27 PM
And another yesterday!

Thank you for the lead pot!! I've never had one of these before and am looking forward to getting up and running. :-) :-)

tinhorn97062
02-13-2016, 01:35 PM
Thanks to BrassMagnet for the lead pot and skeettx for the boolit mold. I'm excited to fire these guys up. :-)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160213/ae024c64760bf97852d2b956efb38d3f.jpg

BrassMagnet
02-16-2016, 10:01 PM
I just received some cool Redgum CDs from Don Under.
Thank you Norbrat!