PDA

View Full Version : Canadian hammer mold

charger 1
04-12-2008, 06:36 PM
OK fellas, first time at this so bear with me. Red river Rick has made a gorgeous hammer mold with two size heads to be circulated in canada. Now I've pm'd 45nut and he's in agreement that it will stay here in canada. The next user in line will pay for its shipment to him and donate 5$ to the sight. Even though my name and address are on the side DO NOT return to me each time. Ship to the next person in line(pm me to find out who that is). My address should only serve as a place to send it if its misplaced. So please PM me with real name and address and I'll get the list going...

PS. As of thursday when I've cast a couple I'll post a pic, but trust me boys shes a peach.Rick does grade A work

charger 1
06-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Post viewed 180+ times. We certainly see a fair share of folk here on the free ticket, but to have the interest to look but begrudge this great sight the 5 bucks to make some hammers that are priceless is pitiful

wiljen
06-08-2008, 07:26 AM
While I agree with the flavor of your rant, some of us that read the thread are on the south side of the border and don't qualify, maybe we need a show of hands of Canadian readers.

charger 1
06-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Hey my man weather a guy chips in a bit or not, he's automatically out of my line of fire if he's south of the border. U.S. mooch=U.S. problem. However the free ride mentality is getting sickening. 5 bloody bucks. I truely wish everybody that got any pleasure from this sight glowed neon red. If that were the case I'd bet on friday nights when I drove by the beer store I could turn off my headlights for a 1/4 mile radius..(At what now, $40 bucks a case?)This place aint worth a one time pop of 1/8 of one trip to the coolaid stand. Is to shame!!! Well once before a rant of mine almost got me booted, however it served its intended purpose. I suppose I'll just risk it again

sav300
06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Charger,I would pay the postage both ways for use of the hammer mold,but I live in Australia and that would take the mold out of circulation for near a month.
Lionel.

charger 1
06-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Charger,I would pay the postage both ways for use of the hammer mold,but I live in Australia and that would take the mold out of circulation for near a month.
Lionel.

I understand that too. Quite reasonable. However that being said I assume that givin your enjoyement of the sight atleast 60 times, you've signed onto paypal and sent ken a couple bucks, with or without hammer. The couple bucks is the reason your not inendated with banners from companies telling you when and how to fart when you come here you know

OH PS> If anyone including mods are hoping this rant to stop any time soon...NOT

kodiak1
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
charger1 build sav300 a hammer and send it to him would be cheaper and faster.
Ken.

charger 1
06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Sav 300 wants to split shipping we can make him a hammer or two and he can throw a few bucks to the sight. I'll do whatever it takes. And you Kodiak, whats it take?

quasi
06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I have had my own hammer mold for about 15-20 years, I think it was made by H&G. If I didn't have it, I would have rented this mold, until now. I don't appreciate the Future Shop- Jehovah Witness sales tactics.

charger 1
06-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I have had my own hammer mold for about 15-20 years, I think it was made by H&G. If I didn't have it, I would have rented this mold, until now. I don't appreciate the Future Shop- Jehovah Witness sales tactics.

Hey dont worry. If you kick in a few bucks to a sight thats user funded and you enjoy, it dont apply to you so dont worry

charger 1
06-08-2008, 07:03 PM
While I agree with the flavor of your rant, some of us that read the thread are on the south side of the border and don't qualify, maybe we need a show of hands of Canadian readers.

Well Wiljen your getting your show of canuck hands. Its interesting to note where they stand, but more interesting is that their from the richest territory..

The old saying you know. You dont get it by giving it away

quasi
06-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey dont worry. If you kick in a few bucks to a sight thats user funded and you enjoy, it dont apply to you so dont worry

I bought a Lee 6 cavity 462420 gc mold off of this donation forum for $90.00!! and added 10$ to make it an even 100$.

I have a few things I am going to sell on this forum for donations, starting with a Bill Webb, Guy Lautard barrel making video's, a soon as I find the a companioning printed matter that goes with it.

You are correct this site is worth supporting, it is the best on the internet.

charger 1
06-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I bought a Lee 6 cavity 462420 gc mold off of this donation forum for $90.00!! and added 10$ to make it an even 100$.

I have a few things I am going to sell on this forum for donations, starting with a Bill Webb, Guy Lautard barrel making video's, a soon as I find the a companioning printed matter that goes with it.

You are correct this site is worth supporting, it is the best on the internet.

then like I said. IT DONT APPLY TO YOU. Those who it applies to know who they are, know their free loading the best sight, but just figure it can and will go on forever

kodiak1
10-17-2008, 12:18 PM
charger1 Sorry for not replying but I don't really need another hammer.
Was only trying to make a point of what might work for a hammer to get sent to the US.

I definetly like the idea of helping the site.
Good Luck Ken.

fido
02-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Any picks yet?
Im interested.

Stephen

tonyb
02-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Would like to see pictures of this hammer mould.

Red River Rick
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
TonyB:

Here's a link to the original auction, there are some pics: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=28878&highlight=hammer+mould

Fido:

If your wanting to use the mould, you'll have to get a hold of Charger1.

RRR

Springfield
02-25-2009, 09:39 PM
As near as I can tell, the American version of this mould was never put into circulation. Last I saw was just a bunch of talk of how to protect ourselves from getting it lost, as we lost a couple others to theives. But nothing was ever resolved, as far as I know. I was near the front of the line for the other 2 moulds and got a few hammerheads made for myself bvefore the moulds disappeared, so I really don't care. Too bad, though.

tonyb
02-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Thank you Red River Rick. That is a piece of art.:drinks:

TooManyMisses
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
I am definitely interested but it will have to wait until it is a little warmer here and I can cast out in the garage, maybe some time in April if I can track it down by then.

Larry

Superfly
03-04-2009, 03:05 AM
Well if it matters i live in the USA

but I am Canadian .

Can i have this mold shipped to my Parents house in Rainy River Ont Can???

I can cast the heads there And if any USA peeps want heads i would cst them there too.

Also If it was decided ok i would be willing to transport this mold from canada to the USA and then shipp it to the first Amarican person on the list?????

If this was decided i would do this.

Jaime

charger 1
03-04-2009, 04:54 AM
I am definitely interested but it will have to wait until it is a little warmer here and I can cast out in the garage, maybe some time in April if I can track it down by then.

Larry

The wife goes into Renfrew this AM for groceries. Where would you like it dropped? Seriously. I'm in haley station chum. Drop me a pm with your phone number. It seems like you guys have been hashing this without me jumping in. Apologies,wasnt being rude. Alot of my notifications from here were being junked. I'm on the scene now. How can we get this puppy rolling? to the fellow who said just cast heads,YOU DONT. You put the handle in and cast around it. Anyhoo waiting to hear if I arrange something with toomanymisses or ship elsewhere, and again sorry for slowness

beanflip
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
put me on the mailing list for the USA zip code here is 99362

Thanks Jim

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2009, 01:30 PM
I will sign up for this one, Zip code 60430:drinks:

Red River Rick
03-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey Guys. If you read the thread, it does say that this mould was to stay in Canada. There are two moulds that are in 45Nut's hands, the same as this one, that are suppossed to be shared by our US brethren.

These moulds where donated due to the loss of the all the others, and unfortunately a sure solution has not come about as to "How to" prevent these from vanishing as well.

Waksupi's idea of having them in one place and having someone cast them is about the best one yet. At least we know where the moulds are.

So, Superfly, if you have the mould down in the US, once your done, we'd like it returned back to Canada and not distributed any further.

The purpose of keeping a mould/moulds in both countries was to avoid the cross-border shipping. Canada Customs will probably add taxes to the parcel when it's coming back, if that happens, who's going to pay for this?

RRR

charger 1
03-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Hey Guys. If you read the thread, it does say that this mould was to stay in Canada. There are two moulds that are in 45Nut's hands, the same as this one, that are suppossed to be shared by our US brethren.

These moulds where donated due to the loss of the all the others, and unfortunately a sure solution has not come about as to "How to" prevent these from vanishing as well.

Waksupi's idea of having them in one place and having someone cast them is about the best one yet. At least we know where the moulds are.

So, Superfly, if you have the mould down in the US, once your done, we'd like it returned back to Canada and not distributed any further.

The purpose of keeping a mould/moulds in both countries was to avoid the cross-border shipping. Canada Customs will probably add taxes to the parcel when it's coming back, if that happens, who's going to pay for this?

RRR

Ya I'm not trying to be a **** but the one fellow who expressed interest and lived so close I'd drive it to his house today, would he not be the logical?

maxvauderk
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
??????

charger 1
12-10-2009, 07:25 PM
??????

Perhaps someone not on the worlds last dialemup internet can show you a pic. But basically there is a canadian version,and to the best of my knowledge a couple USA versions . These were produced by our good member RED RIVER RICK. You insert a 1/2" piece of steel or aluminum for a handle,pour the body full of melted wheel weights,open when cooled some and out comes a dead blow type mini shop hammer. They get shipped from user to user,the wanting user just makes a donation if he can to the sight

45nut
12-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Since the last few "loaner molds" have gone MIA, stolen or been damaged,, the RRR molds have not been sent out. If anyone needs a set, they can contact me and I will sell a set, but right now,, the molds stay here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/Casting%20stuff/100_1335.jpg

charger 1
12-10-2009, 09:46 PM
since the last few "loaner molds" have gone mia, stolen or been damaged,, the rrr molds have not been sent out. If anyone needs a set, they can contact me and i will sell a set, but right now,, the molds stay here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/casting%20stuff/100_1335.jpg

ok i'll follow suit

wills
12-10-2009, 11:19 PM
??????

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=739824&postcount=95

Lively Boy
02-23-2010, 12:42 PM
howdy new guy here is this something a guy can still get into.....
Lively Boy

SSGOldfart
11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I could use a couple of the smaller one what's the price?? shipped to 75980??

Smithy
08-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Not ranting nor trying to spoil the fun, but if you go through lead hammers like I do, you might want to check with Cook who makes the molds and handles (but I've found that they don't like talking to the little people) so I got a very reasonable deal with these guys in kit form. It came with the mold size of your choice, a Babbitt of really hard lead, and a handle. Extra handles are also available or make your own with a piece of wood for the grip portion and a 1/2 to 5/8" carriage bolt and nut. Tighten the nut down on the drilled wood and stick the other end in your mold. If you grind flats on the end of the bolt, it hangs on a lot better. http://www.grahamtool.com/foundryman.aspx For 4 or 5 trips through the donate line you could have your own perpetual supply of hammers. I use them in forming metal, gunsmithing, knocking sprue plates, just about anywhere I need a dead soft blow that is easy on the finish. Smithy.

zuke
08-28-2012, 09:41 AM
So who has the Canadian block's?
Are they still available?
What do I have to do to get a couple set's?

thompsonm1a1
08-28-2012, 12:31 PM
i made my own mold and it works very nice. a local auto shop where i get all my free ww asked if i could make him a lead hammer. the hammer weighs about 2.5 lb this is the lead part. the total weight is 3.75 with the 14" ss handle.

zuke
09-01-2012, 09:20 AM
anyone?

bignut
02-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Never had or heard of the hammer mould, but I do take offence to being called a U.S. mooch, much less a U.S. problem. While I don't have spare money, I do do a fair amount of business with my Canadian FRIENDS.