PDA

View Full Version : Rossi stopped selling the wizard?

Tackleberry41
11-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Noticed how cheap a new Rossi wizard was at the local shop, $200. Was in the market for a single shot to do a barrel stub to. Guess they stopped selling the Wizard as its gone from their site and the barrels all dried up at other places.

I have a 20ga barrel for the other single shot, was considering a barrel stub from it, but obviously the 20ga extractor isn't going to work with much else, you can make em smaller but not bigger. I know getting one from Rossi is not going to happen. So does that mean making an extractor or can you modify one from an H&R?

dubber123
11-17-2015, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't think welding up an extractor to lengthen it should be too hard. Not a lot of force there unless you stick a lot of brass in the chamber.

Tackleberry41
11-18-2015, 09:05 AM
I asked the shop, yea the price drop is because they were discontinued. Said he had picked up a couple in 243. But also the other single shot is also discontinued, its listed on the Rossi website, but isn't in the book to order. So basically Rossi undercut H&R to gain market share, now that they have the market to themselves for this type of rifle, their going to quit selling them.

I went with the I guess 'regular' single shot as I already have one and the barrels will swap back and forth. The one I have has issue setting off small rifle primers in 454 casull brass. It was bought as a 44mag/20ga, the one I put on layaway is a 243 so should eliminate that issue. And being 243 the extractor will fit a 308 with zero issues. Still have a 20ga barrel I can stub at a later date. Its not fun shooting 20ga in that light of a weapon. But its a beautiful platform for 44 mag or heavy 45 colt. Will get a was twist 308 barrel, to shoot the heavy 230gr better.