PDA

View Full Version : Reminder...

Retumbo
11-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Its starting to get colder out there...remember to take your lead off your wood stove before you light it.

;) :)

I had 15 50/50 solder bars on the wood stove. Returned 15 minutes after lighting the fire to the sound of drip...drip...drip.

Mal Paso
11-14-2015, 09:58 PM
Good time to check your friends and neighbors stoves too.

I scored some pewter next door when I noticed a blob on top of the wood stove that once had been a bowl. :wink:

dragonrider
11-14-2015, 11:27 PM
:shock:....:shock:....:shock:

RED333
11-15-2015, 06:15 AM
Really, does this really happen?
We have used wood for heat for over 25 years, at this time I have not had
an issue of leaving something on the stove that should not be there and build a fire.

Retumbo
11-15-2015, 08:53 AM
Yah unfortunately it does. Lucked into 65 lbs of 50/50 solder for $60. Sold 15 pounds of that to make my money back. I placed the bars on the wood stove while I went to look for an appropriate box. A few distractions latter I decided to get the chill out of the shed. By the time I remembered it was too late :)

Tatume
11-15-2015, 11:13 AM
A good friend used to save his pot skimmings all year. In the winter he would put all of them in a coffee can with a small nail hole in the bottom and hang it from an andiron in the fireplace, with a cast iron ingot mold underneath. He would then delight in sitting in front of the fireplace and watching the fire, and the drip, drip, drip of rich antimony/tin alloy filling his ingot mold. I don't think he owned a TV. Unfortunately Collier passed away recently. I miss him.