PDA

View Full Version : bless good friends

nagantguy
11-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Okay Nov 15th is the big one, bigger than Christmas 4th of July and the lower okaland roller derby all rolled into one. Friday going to work my truck had a 7 way what the duck chuck breakdown, catalytic converters went, oth, fuel pump went fuel filter looked like it was packed with cement. 02 sensor bad throttle sensor bad, and then a couple minor things. Looked like I wouldn't make it up north for my daughters first up north big woods hunt. Friend one, worked all night Friday and all sat morning in his shop which is closed on Saturday but he opened for me to get the truck running, we failed still has issues, My dad offered to take my daughter hunting in his spot, some of the best big buck hunting In the state, she was thrilled to hunt with grandpa. I figured I'd hunt behind the house and miss deer camp up north with old friends and marine Corp buddies, all coming from diffrent ways/states so I couldn't catch a ride, but friends started calling friends and I just got a call from a fellow whom is more than a friend, he's been a real mentor and older brother. He is the owner of the defensive shooting school where I work nights and weekends. He heard about my ordeal and offered up his Jimmy he uses to plow snow, runs great, low miles. I said no I don't want to borrow something that big, I'd never forgive myself is something g happened to her. His response was your Taking it going up north, getting a nice buck and having fun, this is what kin does for one another! Don't know what I'd do without friends and family to watch my back!

Edward
11-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a true friend,treasure those!!

w5pv
11-14-2015, 08:56 PM
God Bless good friends like yours.

blademasterii
11-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Good friends are hard to come by, cherish them. That being said I hope you kept the receipts of where you got gas last because everything you just listed as failing are symptoms of contaminated fuel.