PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday USMC

square butte
11-10-2015, 09:04 AM
I believe it's 240 years now. We need a few good men more then ever now

bruce drake
11-10-2015, 09:19 AM
240 years of being the most hated but most loved military service in the United States.

Semper Fi Marines!

danski26
11-10-2015, 09:30 AM
Semper Fi

bedbugbilly
11-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Yes - Happy Birthday!

I had a very dear friend who was like a "second father" to me that was a Marine in WW II. The day after Pearl Harbor he went to enlist. He owned the local hardware store and when they say "it takes a town to raise a kid" . . they wee talking about him. He was just one of those men that you always looked up to and used as a role model. As the say . . . "once a Marine, always a Marine" nd he was truly that. Somehow, he always stood a little straighter, a little taller and he lived his life as a person should - with pride and honesty and compassion for others. In later years, I sort of "looked after him" - checked on him daily after his wife had to go to a Alzheimer's facility, take him to doctor appointments, take him to Lodge and out to dinner. It was an honor to do so. When I was a kid, I was given a Colt 1911A1 by another family friend that had been brought home by a Navy pilot after the war. My Marine friend taught me how to field strip that 1911 blindfolded in the back of his hardware store. After we had to help him move into Assisted Living, I'd call every night just to check in on him and overtime the Marine Corps Birthday rolled around, I'd take him out to dinner and insist he have a good dessert to "celebrate" the occasion.

To all you Marines who served . . . God Bless. To my friend Ran . . . I'm sure you're up there in heaven celebrating with the other Marines. And as you always said to me . . "Temper Fi"!

Alstep
11-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Happy Birthday, fellow Jarheads!
From a Jarhead, and damm proud of it!
Hoo-Rah Semper Fi Keep Your Powder Dry

corbinace
11-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the wishes.

Semper Fi, Devil dogs.

Riverpigusmc
11-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Semper Fi to the Brotherhood

MUSTANG
11-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Semper Fi. Happy Birthday to my fellow Marines, and a special thank you to the Corpsmen, Chaplains, and Battalion Surgeons who are an integral part of the immediate Marine Family.

woodbutcher
11-10-2015, 10:40 PM
[smilie=s:Hi to all Marines.Semper Fi.God bless you all.Thanks for your service.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

deep creek
11-10-2015, 11:13 PM
my grandson Tanner started basic training in the marines on october 20 . All he ever wanted to be from the time he was small was a marine .His wish is coming true. I had two uncles that were in the Marines.Dean was on the canal and Norm was on iwo.HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES!!!!

Ric-san
11-11-2015, 02:10 AM
Happy Birthday to all the other Teufulhundens on this site...

Rick Lopez
USMC Ret.

elk hunter
11-11-2015, 09:26 AM
To all Members of our military, past, present and future, thanks for your service.

To the few, the proud, the Marines, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

From my heart.

Proud father of a United States Marine.

Love Life
11-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Late happy birthday!! A message from the Commandant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg5GPScSQHo