PDA

View Full Version : New Pot Purchase

roscoe
11-06-2015, 10:00 AM
My 1967 bottom pour Lyman pot last many years and was also a headache due to pour related problems that probably still exists in some pots today. If I get back into casting I'll need a new pot and I'm going to dip this time. I've looked at quite a few threads here and a lot of people like the top of the line RCBS and Lyman. I'm not ready to fork out $250 plus for just the pot.

I have been looking at the Lee Magnum 59. Does anyone know any pros or cons on this pot?

Are there any recommendations for other pots?

Thanks.

jmort
11-06-2015, 10:12 AM
I have the Lee Magnum Melter and it works well. Really no cons except it is really a 18 pound pot. I stepped up and got a Waage Electric 25 pound melter K4757 for $228 delivered. You have to contact Waage to order it as it is off the books but they love making the 4757 for us casters. I like the Magnum Melter and recommend it, but the Waage is really nice. From an email

We manufacture the K4757. ~#25 pounds, temperature 800 °F; 115v We maintain the price affordable for the re-loaders. The item is marketed via the re-loader blogs.

Spoke with Marc Waage when I ordered it, he answered the phone. Really good guy.

RobS
11-06-2015, 10:50 AM
The Lee pot will do just fine and it is hard to beat for the price.

Walter Laich
11-06-2015, 11:57 AM
The Lee pot will do just fine and it is hard to beat for the price.

especially if you are using a dipper--no spout leaks