PDA

View Full Version : 93 Mauser bolt

gunauthor
11-05-2015, 06:46 PM
I acquired a beat up model 93 8mm Turkish Mauser and had planned to rebarrel it. As the bolt is missing, I need to get another one. Someone has one on Gunbroker that he thinks was for a 7mm cartridge (Spanish mauser?). I realize both rounds are very similar, but are the bolts? I hate to pay for something I can't use. Any help would be most appreciated.

LAGS
11-05-2015, 07:00 PM
I am pretty sure they are the same.
But call Gunparts Corp or Jim First and see what they say.

Mk42gunner
11-06-2015, 12:40 AM
The boltface from one cartridge will fit the other, since the case heads are the same.

Where you may run into trouble is the bottom of the boltface. The 93 Mausers, at least the Spanish made on I have, has a flat bottomed bolt. Not sure what the Turks used.

Robert

leadman
11-06-2015, 02:39 AM
You may want to slug the barrel to see what caliber it is. Some early Turks were 7.65 X 53. Try Springfield Sporters for a bolt. They changed their website and it is not complete yet but their contact info is on the home page. I bought a couple 93 Spanish Mauser bolts from them. The bottom of the bolt face is square and hang down a bit to assist stripping a cartridge out of the magazine.

Wayne Smith
11-06-2015, 08:48 AM
My 1936 Turk has a square bottom bolt.

mac60
11-06-2015, 10:48 AM
The bolt will fit your rifle. However, just because it fits that doesn't mean the rifle will headspace correctly - doesn't mean it won't either. If you wind up having it rebarreled that issue will be taken care of at that time. I looked at the gb auction. The bolt does look complete and should clean up nicely. A complete bolt from Numrich is gonna cost you $130.00 + shipping. Not sure about Springfield sporters.