PDA

View Full Version : More 200 yd shooting in prep for hunting with my TC Omega today.

koger
11-03-2015, 08:13 PM
I posted on this earlier, thought I was having a bad day, but something stuck in the back of my head. I had checked the mounts, screw everything earlier, before our ML season as I always do, and killed a dandy buck. I checked everything again, and both rings were loose about a turn. I tightened them up, and shoot 4 shots in a ragged hole at 100yds, 3" high. I went to a lasered 210 yds, set up a target, figured out which mil dot to use after 3-4 shots, then put up a new piece of cardboard, with a quarter size black dot at the same 210 yds. I shot 3 shots, one in the black, one touching, and one about a inch right, dead center up and down! I did this again on another target, shooting 4 shots, first 3 were nearly identical to first group, last one was me, let the gun slide on sandbag, about 2" right, but could cover all four, with my about3/4 of my hand, and I have small fat hands, LOL!I shot some at 100 afterwards, I feel good to go, cleaned her up and oiled her down. Burnt a pound of powder last 2 weeks, but it is paying off. Just thought I would share!

idahoron
11-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Good job!!

johnson1942
11-03-2015, 08:57 PM
as i pm/ed you you most like will get a 30 yard shot but no doubt you will be ready.

218bee
11-06-2015, 06:32 PM
I applaud you doing all the practice,practice,practice.
I do the same shooting hundreds of shots in preparation for one shot when it counts, best way to "learn" whatever firearm you're using.
Haha..I agree with above...I use a 357 maximum in a contender for deer and when I got it I shot hundreds of loads through it and finally settled on a good load and must have shot a hundred more all at a 100yds....I was READY. Opening day after only 15min in my stand I shot a young buck broadside at TEN yards! Ha but I was ready

koger
11-06-2015, 06:39 PM
I have found that to get truly proficient with any firearm, you need to do diligence an burn powder, bullets till it all comes together! Many times I have had just a few seconds to make a shot count, and all the practice pays off!

johnson1942
11-06-2015, 08:15 PM
their is a buck waiting for you kroger.

charlie b
11-10-2015, 03:45 PM
I applaud you doing all the practice,practice,practice.
I do the same shooting hundreds of shots in preparation for one shot when it counts, best way to "learn" whatever firearm you're using.
Haha..I agree with above...I use a 357 maximum in a contender for deer and when I got it I shot hundreds of loads through it and finally settled on a good load and must have shot a hundred more all at a 100yds....I was READY. Opening day after only 15min in my stand I shot a young buck broadside at TEN yards! Ha but I was ready

ROFLMAO

One season had a 7mm-08 carbine. Sighted in and practiced. 1" groups at 100yds. Could hit paper plate standing at a bit over 250m.

The only shot I got was on top of a mountain. Finished lunch, packed everything back up. Stood up and walked to the other side. About 30yd away was a buck who was eating lunch same time I was. I laughed so hard he ran off into the trees.