PDA

View Full Version : Best batch of WW's yet.

**oneshot**
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I just smelted my latest bucket and 1/2 of WW's. I only pulled out 15 zinc ww's. I get my WW's from the same dealer and normally see 1/2 small coffee cans worth of zincs. As a bonus, thanks to those guys with mag wheels, I got about 3lbs of lead stick-ons for my muzzleloader.

VTDW
04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Call me lucky as I have not run across a Zinc one yet.

Dave

Beaverhunter2
04-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm new to casting but in three loads of WW, I found 1 zinc weight.

John

compass will
04-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Beaverhunter2, I see you live in Detroit. Guess they dont drive Euro imports there :) All Euro cars have had zinc weights from the factory for the last couple years. The last 300 lbs I smelted I hand picked out the zinc and had maybe a coffee can. then I got it hot and found another coffee can worth of zinc. I was amazed at how many of the stick-on weights were zinc. Some of them looked just like normal lead weights that were coated. Now don't pull all the coated ones, since some lead ones comes coated also.

I notice the buckets that come from the places like "Goodyear" type dealers have more zinc then the buckets I get from the places like "Kelly tire" dealers. I guess the euro drivers are attracted to the "well advertised" franchise places.