PDA

View Full Version : Relaxxxxxxxxx.........don't flinch

oldracer
11-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Well a combination of several things came together this past Sunday and I won our monthly muzzle loader match! I have won our small bullseye (medallion target) several times and come in 2nd and 3rd several times overall but this was the first. I finally have gotten myself to RELAX and not "work" at getting the target which may have been due to adjusting my heart, joint and pain meds. Last month I felt so bad I had to quit half way through so this month the Prednisone has gotten figured out and I did not stop the meds for my hip and knee pain so I took my time and all went well. When I see the posts from Roger and others about getting a deer.....I would love to do that but the walking and climbing and such would be sort of hard.

There are times when I worry about that stuff but since I made it past 70 I figure it is all desert now! Back in 'Nam I never thought I'd make it this far!

johnson1942
11-03-2015, 11:17 AM
oldracer if you can hunt somewhere where you can set up a blind you dont have to walk at all. my son set up this blind and it works as the deer are not pressured yet. we did as several suggeted and got a sack of corn at the feed store for 5 or 6 bucks and put that in front of the blind. also if rut is on get a doe bleat that when you turn it in you hand it bleats. sit in the blind on a nice comfortable folding chair and watch the world go by. they come in at an hour before dark and usually the does first and a buck or two sniffing after them. the key with a blind should be near a trail they use, the right time of day, and if their arent dozens of hunters ruining their routine. ive heard rattling horns can bring a buck in also but havent done that yet. use smaller horns as if they are too big the buck sounds too big and strong to fight. the buck matt got this year had one thick tine broke on the end of it already so he had been fighting. takes a lot to break those tines. remember what a woman in our community said to her son recently. she is 101 years old and he is about 80. son you got to be tough to get old, it isnt easy. never give up old racer, never give up. after my bout with west nile 2 years ago ive been going to the local college gym for my rehab. cost only 10 a month and they have many machine that all you have to do is change a pin on to change weight. yesterday i was doing some curls on a curling machine and about 20 students came by me as the teacher wanted to show them how it works. i happened to be real warmed up so she said sir would you demonstate so i did. it was my moment as the pin was in the bottom rack at 170 pounds. i did it 4 times. i told them i was 73 years old and to never give up. i honestly have never seen anyone else use the bottom rack before so i agree with my self, never give up. i used to power lift when i was young and surpriseingly it is all coming back. oldracer dont give up. their is a older retired nurse that works out their all the time and is really in good shape. she is always tell the older folks this, its our job to remain up right. just remain upright. congrats on your shooting, that keeps the eyes and mind going. enjoy your posts. johnson1942