PDA

View Full Version : Daughter Off To The Sandbox Again

jonp
10-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Last year your prayers and thoughts brought her home safely. This year she re-enlisted, earned her stripes and is now off to the sandbox once again. She has spent time in Korea, The Middle East and now is going back there in this environment. I won't lie. As a Vet looking on I advised her to not go with this President and our maybe future Pres letting our people die in Bengazi without a care. She is determined to do her duty and go.

Please if you have the time, a short prayer for my daughter and all of our men and women in uniform serving wherever duty calls.

GhostHawk
10-31-2015, 09:32 PM
I salute anyone who stands on the wall so that my wife and I can sleep safe at night.
Thank you for your service. Best of luck to you.

DLCTEX
10-31-2015, 10:20 PM
Prayers sent for her, thanks to your family for your sacrifice.

USMC87
11-01-2015, 10:04 AM
I will be praying for your daughters safety and for your family during this time.

jmort
11-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Praying for a hedge of protection and a safe return. My daughter did a tour in Iraq and I was rightly concerned. She drove her CO around. He may have been in more danger from her driving.

DCP
11-01-2015, 01:31 PM
May they wear the Armor of God

The Armor of God10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God,so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvationand the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

slohunter
11-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Jonp, my thought exactly with this *** so-called President. Our Families prayers have been sent.

big bore 99
11-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Thank her for her service. Prayers sent.

w5pv
11-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Prayers sent for her safty while over there and safe return

Hickory
11-02-2015, 08:19 AM
I can be proud of any woman willing to serve her country, but, I'm also sadden by the lack of young men who are unwilling to serve, and that a woman is taking his place.

MrWolf
11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Prayers sent for her and the family. Thank her for her service please.

OldFogey
11-02-2015, 01:45 PM
We will be praying for your daughter's safety. Our son, daughter and nephew have all served multiple tours in the middle east and, by God's grace, all have returned safely each time. Too many families have not been so blessed.

shdwlkr
11-02-2015, 01:55 PM
thank your daughter for standing up for me and old vet. thank you for raising your daughter right
at my advanced age i have a 9 year old son who asked me the last time we had time together if when he grew up I would tell him not to go into the military. I told him I wished he wouldn't as I would be almost 80 and I would be praying for him to come home to me every day he was gone, but I would never tell him not to go. I went and my folks were really mad at me for decades, I was the only son and they wanted the family to go forward, I never saw my life as being more important than those who stood with me when America called. I have a cousin that was 3 years younger than me and he didn't come home, family is still up set all these decades later.
My biggest fear is that one day our kids, grandkids will not live in a free nation or maybe even speak English or be Christians.

richhodg66
11-04-2015, 07:02 AM
May Go watch over your daughter and all our service personnel in harm's way. The Armor of God passage from Ephesians is one of my favorites.

I did 24 years in the Army and went in harm's way a few times, didn't think much of it, but it's different when it's your kid. My oldest boy is a Marine now, currently floating around somewhere on a ship, I don't really know where exactly. Routines stuff, I know the Marine Corps keeps guys out as contingency forces like that, but the way things are in the world, seems like anyplace could turn hot at a moment's notice.

Be sure to tell your daughter she has a lot of people praying for her, I still think most Americans feel like we do.

Rustyleee
11-04-2015, 07:12 AM
I'll keep her in my prayers. What is her first name?

Proverbs says, "The horse is prepared for battle, but safety is of the Lord."

jonp
11-19-2015, 07:55 AM
Good news. Due to recent events the CO has suspended all female soldiers from going to the sandbox until further notice

ez4545
11-19-2015, 08:10 AM
jonp I offered prayers of thanks for this new development.

Lord please accept my humble prayers to bless and protect these Patriots.

I think I sense the Hand of God at work here

tnaz
11-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Thanks to you all for your service, and may Our FATHER protect and Guide Her.
Prayers asked of Our FATHER in JESUS name

shdwlkr
11-19-2015, 09:29 AM
A CO with a brain, the current situation in the Middle East is no place for female military personnel. Now if we decide to really take the fight to ISIS then either we are all in or we are not. May you and family and especially your daughter see the wisdom in her not returning to the sandbox at the present time.