PDA

View Full Version : Hornady Exchange Program

Charlie in Co
10-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Just sent my old ProJector in for their upgrade exchange. $250 without powder measure and $10 for each shell plate. Pretty good deal if you ask me to upgrade to their latest version.

jmorris
10-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Dillon will upgrade a 450 to a 550 for under $100.

Hardcast
11-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Just sent my old ProJector in for their upgrade exchange. $250 without powder measure and $10 for each shell plate. Pretty good deal if you ask me to upgrade to their latest version.

I was not aware they offered an upgrade. I have been using a Projector for years and it's a pretty good machine, except the priming system sucks. It sometimes malfunctions and dumps a few to a whole tube of primers all over the base of the press, the bench, and the floor. Can you tell me the details of the upgrade?

mdi
11-28-2015, 01:45 PM
My Toyota pick up cost me $3,000.00 less than my GMC and way less than my boss' Peterbuilt...

Charlie in Co
11-28-2015, 10:54 PM
I was not aware they offered an upgrade. I have been using a Projector for years and it's a pretty good machine, except the priming system sucks. It sometimes malfunctions and dumps a few to a whole tube of primers all over the base of the press, the bench, and the floor. Can you tell me the details of the upgrade?

Basically you call them and tell you want to upgrade to the new Lock n Load. If you have the old powder measure it is $200 if you send it back to them, otherwise $250. In return you get a brand new press and measure with both size cylnders. The new Lock n Load primer feed and case ejector is much improved over the Projector. You also need the new shell plates which you can exchange for $10 each. It also comes with 5 quick change die bushings.

Lead Fred
11-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Never needed my RCBS upgraded

jmort
11-29-2015, 12:14 AM
"Never needed my RCBS upgraded"

Who cares? Dillion does up grades. What is your point? The RCBS progressives are hardly in high demand. Maybe RCBS got it right with the new ones.

Hardcast
11-29-2015, 06:48 AM
Basically you call them and tell you want to upgrade to the new Lock n Load. If you have the old powder measure it is $200 if you send it back to them, otherwise $250. In return you get a brand new press and measure with both size cylnders. The new Lock n Load primer feed and case ejector is much improved over the Projector. You also need the new shell plates which you can exchange for $10 each. It also comes with 5 quick change die bushings.

Thanks. I am wondering if it would be worth it just to save me the time and frustration picking up spilled primers.

jmorris
11-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Life is too short to live it mad, just get one of everything then get rid of the ones you don't like.

Charlie in Co
11-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Thanks. I am wondering if it would be worth it just to save me the time and frustration picking up spilled primers.

I have several presses for different things. IMHO the new Lock n Load AP is a winner. Since I already owned a ProJector I didn't see a way to step up to a new progressive for $200. I like the 5 stations since seat and crimp (when required) in 2 separate steps.

Hardcast416taylor
11-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Years ago I stripped the priming assembly off my Pro-Jector. I sold it to a site reader looking for parts for his press. I called Hornady about the exchange offer. They didn`t want to remove the prime unit from their new press since I didn`t have mine to exchange. They would however kindly charge me for the new prime unit on the press if I took their offer. I`m still using my old press and am sorta glad I didn`t have to pay over $300 for frills I don`t want.Robert

dudel
11-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Life is too short to live it mad, just get one of everything then get rid of the ones you don't like.

Great advice; but it can get pretty pricey with spouses!

dudel
11-30-2015, 10:47 AM
When a new Hornady progressive is $150 more, why not just get another press?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/679228/hornady-lock-n-load-ap-progressive-press

Got into the same discussion with H&R Handi rifles. The cost of adding a new barrel was pretty close to the cost of adding a new rifle. Many of us just got a new rifle.

jmorris
11-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Great advice; but it can get pretty pricey with spouses!

The key is to not get bent out of shape or ask them about shoes and purses...

dudel
11-30-2015, 12:40 PM
The key is to not get bent out of shape or ask them about shoes and purses...

Mine is a keeper. All she says about my hobbies (and there are many), is that they are less expensive than a 20 year old blond.

EddieNFL
11-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Mine is a keeper. All she says about my hobbies (and there are many), is that they are less expensive than a 20 year old blond.

And lots less drama.

Charlie in Co
11-30-2015, 10:26 PM
When a new Hornady progressive is $150 more, why not just get another press?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/679228/hornady-lock-n-load-ap-progressive-press

Got into the same discussion with H&R Handi rifles. The cost of adding a new barrel was pretty close to the cost of adding a new rifle. Many of us just got a new rifle.

Since it is no longer supported and different parts are no longer available, it would turn into a single stage press in a matter of time. My math says $200 is less than $399 by $199.