PDA

View Full Version : RWS Air Rifle

carpetman
03-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I dont have available a store that carries all the various models to see if this is peculiar to all or just the RWS 48/52. There were two things I didn't like about my 52. I do think it is common to the other models. One thing was the safety. To me it is too skimmpy. My gunsmith made a knurled extender that attaches with a small allen screw. No modification to the gun required. It feels right and looks right. I think these could be made by just using my gun as the pattern and the small piece mailed out. To me it's well worth the $25. The other thing I didnt like was the FIRE indicator(red dot). Some said it may not have been intended as an indicator,but rather just a locator so you know where the safety is????????? The red dot was located on the left side of the safety about mid range of the safeties travel. When you look at it,you can't tell if in SAFE or FIRE posistion. This was easily corrected. The shroud it is located on is plastic. With steel wool,I removed the original dot. I wanted the dot to be on the right side of the safety and up high where the safety is when in FIRE posistion. Using a burr in a Dremel or some such or even a drill,just touch the spot where you want it. Be easy this is plastic. Once you have made that dimple,fill in with red paint. Looks like a factory job and is now located where I think the factory should have placed it to begin with.

Scrounger
03-25-2005, 02:08 PM
I dont have available a store that carries all the various models to see if this is peculiar to all or just the RWS 48/52. There were two things I didn't like about my 52. I do think it is common to the other models. One thing was the safety. To me it is too skimmpy. My gunsmith made a knurled extender that attaches with a small allen screw. No modification to the gun required. It feels right and looks right. I think these could be made by just using my gun as the pattern and the small piece mailed out. To me it's well worth the $25. The other thing I didnt like was the FIRE indicator(red dot). Some said it may not have been intended as an indicator,but rather just a locator so you know where the safety is????????? The red dot was located on the left side of the safety about mid range of the safeties travel. When you look at it,you can't tell if in SAFE or FIRE posistion. This was easily corrected. The shroud it is located on is plastic. With steel wool,I removed the original dot. I wanted the dot to be on the right side of the safety and up high where the safety is when in FIRE posistion. Using a burr in a Dremel or some such or even a drill,just touch the spot where you want it. Be easy this is plastic. Once you have made that dimple,fill in with red paint. Looks like a factory job and is now located where I think the factory should have placed it to begin with.

http://photos.gunloads.com/images/Scrounger/imgp0205.jpg
http://photos.gunloads.com/images/Scrounger/imgp0204.jpg

carpetman
03-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks Scrounger for posting the pictures. The views show where the indicator is now located and you can also see that the safety has the knurled piece and is bigger.

Four Fingers of Death
06-28-2005, 06:08 AM
I have a Diana 52 side cocker. Are we talking about the same rifle?

carpetman
06-28-2005, 12:29 PM
4 fingermick---Yes we are talking the same rifle--Diana and RWS one in the same. Also Model 48 and model 52 one in the same,except the 52 has checkered stock and 48 is plain. The action is stamped 48/52.