PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Near WENATCHEE that would host a newbe visit

corbinace
10-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Do you live anywhere near Wenatchee? Would you entertain a visit from a never casted before newbie? I promise not to waste your whole day, I just would like to see the operation and try to get my head around it.

I know there are likely casters within walking distance of me but I do not know who they are, so I am reaching out to the largest group I can.

Thanks, Tim.

You know the area code 421@8802

quilbilly
10-26-2015, 04:04 PM
I know there are but haven't seen a post from them for a while. Be patient.

Scharfschuetze
10-26-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm across the Cascades over in Puget Sound so that's a bit far.

Mica_Hiebert
10-26-2015, 07:43 PM
east sider here. good luck. check out you tube.

Caster1977
12-19-2016, 08:46 PM
Do you live anywhere near Wenatchee? Would you entertain a visit from a never casted before newbie? I promise not to waste your whole day, I just would like to see the operation and try to get my head around it.

I know there are likely casters within walking distance of me but I do not know who they are, so I am reaching out to the largest group I can.

Thanks, Tim.

You know the area code 421@8802

wish I still lived in Omak. Would have been glad to help you out.

Scharfschuetze
12-19-2016, 10:18 PM
How is your casting going Corbinace? I hope you've got the bugs ironed out. It's been over a year since you posted. Hope you're still active.

corbinace
12-20-2016, 03:49 AM
Thank you for asking Scharfschuetze. I am an expert now, don't ya know, with all of this vast experience under my belt.[smilie=1:

In all seriousness, I have learned a bunch on here and by doing it. But, I would have to say I am just maybe getting to the point where I am ready to apply for the "license to learn".

I have gotten to cast for a fat 7x57, .303, .577 snider, 41 Swiss, 44MAG, 45ACP, .38, 45-70, and just last week 43 Mauser.
I have gotten to learn to PC, tumble lube and a bit of lubrisizing. I have even gotten to make gas checks for the .30 and 44 cals.

I have been having a great time. I can not claim to be making any 1/2 MOA projectiles or loads with my all over the map casting, but I am having fun just the same. There will be time for refinements in the future if this gets boring. It has been a blast just getting some old guns up and running with off sized lead projectiles. I still have a couple single shot 32RF converted to CF that I want to make run in 32 Long Colt.

See you around one day, Tim.

BCB
12-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Thank you for asking Scharfschuetze. I am an expert now, don't ya know, with all of this vast experience under my belt.[smilie=1:

In all seriousness, I have learned a bunch on here and by doing it. But, I would have to say I am just maybe getting to the point where I am ready to apply for the "license to learn".

I have gotten to cast for a fat 7x57, .303, .577 snider, 41 Swiss, 44MAG, 45ACP, .38, 45-70, and just last week 43 Mauser.
I have gotten to learn to PC, tumble lube and a bit of lubrisizing. I have even gotten to make gas checks for the .30 and 44 cals.

I have been having a great time. I can not claim to be making any 1/2 MOA projectiles or loads with my all over the map casting, but I am having fun just the same. There will be time for refinements in the future if this gets boring. It has been a blast just getting some old guns up and running with off sized lead projectiles. I still have a couple single shot 32RF converted to CF that I want to make run in 32 Long Colt.

See you around one day, Tim.

Concerning the 32 Long Colt, will you be casting heel or hollow based boolits?...

Good-luck...BCB

Scharfschuetze
12-20-2016, 12:25 PM

You're in the "sweet spot" Corbinace. It's all about enjoying yourself and (for me too) getting old firearms shooting again and being gentle on irreplaceable original barrels.

corbinace
12-20-2016, 01:01 PM
Concerning the 32 Long Colt, will you be casting heel or hollow based boolits?...

Good-luck...BCB

Accurate males several molds for heel based bullets that I think should work, unless you have ideas on the subject that might divert my path.

Thank you for the continued well wishes,Tim