PDA

View Full Version : extra beef

rancher1913
10-25-2015, 01:37 PM
best place I could think to post this, if it is wrong you can remove it.

had a last minute cancellation on a half of beef that's already at the locker, is there anybody that can pick up meat in Wiggins, Colorado that would like to purchase it. still time to get it cut the way you want and should be ready for pickup around thanksgiving. I've been getting 2.80 a pound hanging weight and will know the weight Monday, will probably be in the 500 pound range for a half. grass fed all natural Angus, this is part of my private reserve, I only finish 2 a year. processing is extra and should be about 300 bucks for a half this size. two people can go together and get a quarter each. might consider trades of the reloading flavor or 357 mag pistol(would love a auto in that caliber).

Gofaaast
10-25-2015, 11:11 PM
What is the quality grade or marbling score? Also would be helpful if you have the yield grade and/or the REA and back fat thickness.

M-Tecs
10-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Wish I was closer.

rancher1913
10-26-2015, 09:32 AM
What is the quality grade or marbling score? Also would be helpful if you have the yield grade and/or the REA and back fat thickness.

good luck with that. its grass fed as the post stated so its not going to have as much marbling as grain fed but will have better flavor in my opinion. I'm not the butcher shop, but if you really are interested in purchasing it, I can hook you up with the little mom and pop shop and they can maybe take some measurements. I predominately sell weaned calves and they are always on the high end of the market, from what little feed back I've gotten from one feedlot a few years ago (these would have been grain finished) they all graded 1 or 2. I'm not a packer so most of the information you seem to want will not be available to me.