PDA

View Full Version : Hope I Didn't Do A Bad Thing - Impulse Buying

sparky45
10-24-2015, 03:16 PM
I hate that I did it; I didn't even have the gun to handle; Impulse bought a new Ruger LC9s Pro. Liked the looks (pics) of the firearm but now wonder if I did the right thing. I'm looking for input about how it handles, fires and conceals.
S45

skeettx
10-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Choot, LizaBeth, Choot
You will like it if you carry it and also if you will practice with it.
Mike

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2014/12/16/ruger-lc9s-pro/

Thumbcocker
10-24-2015, 04:19 PM
We have had an Lc9s for about a year. It likes the noe 130 rfn and power pistol. Feeds anything, sweet trigger, no leading with .358 boolits. It spent a lot of time in my pocket when we were tromping around Utah. Much more accurate than it has a right to be expected to be. Only downside is that past 15 yards it shoots very high. For kicks I tried it Elmer Keith style at 100 yards on a 44 ounce soda mug from sitting back rested. It still shot high I had to have daylight between the mug and the front sight. According to my spotter I was getting grapefruit to cantelope sized groups but always high. IMHO a very under rated little gun and great value for the money. wish I could find a fully adjustable rear sight.

williamwaco
10-24-2015, 04:24 PM
I suspect you will be pleased. I never met a Ruger I didn't like.

A pause for the COZ
10-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Not much of a risk taker are ya?
I buy online all the time. Ya win most and lose some. Saves on lots of gas.
Just have to factor it into your bid that your buying sight unseen. No need to over pay.
I can go to Cabelas for that.

gray wolf
10-24-2015, 04:35 PM
This may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2bBSHxk-Oc

GREENCOUNTYPETE
10-26-2015, 11:32 AM
I have been carrying he original LC9 since the beginning of 2012 , you should like it

the LC9s has a better trigger than the DAO original not that it was bad , the s is better

never had a misfire or jam with factory or my reloads it just eats it right up
conceals exelecnt , very thin profile , I pocket carry mine a lot but a IWB or even OWB also make for about as easy of concealment as you can get

shoot it one mag with the pinki extension off then try it with it on , likely it will never come off again it really does not hurt conceal-ability hardly at all but makes getting a grip so much better

Alabama holster company makes a kydex pocket holster for ti , great product definitely the one to get in my opinion even though I had to wait 3 months for mine to get made and arrive , I hope he isn't as backed up as he was in 2012

wright leather works makes a OWB predator that really rides nice and a unbuttoned shirt covers easily I got that holster in a trade or I would have never spent the cash on it , not having worn one before , but now I would

more accurate than I would have figured

the ruger 9 round mag works well and makes it easier to grip but mine doesn't lock back the slide sometimes but feeds rounds fine

OptimusPanda
10-26-2015, 12:45 PM
If I didn't live in mass I'd own one. They look like great guns.

bedbugbilly
10-26-2015, 06:46 PM
The only time it's a "bad thing" . . . is when you don't act on your impulse . . . . and then look back with remorse and kick yourself for not doing it . . . .

Just enjoy the heck out of it!