PDA

View Full Version : glock 43

Lloyd Smale
10-21-2015, 05:15 PM
first one Ive seen and had to have it. Nights sights too so that was the clincher. I really like this little gun. Had a 26 and couldn't shoot that chubby thing. It was like holding on to a 2x4. this is much nicer in the hand. You give up half your mag capacity compared to a 26 but I don't think ill ever get into a situation where 6 rounds wont take care of it. Shot 20 rounds out the back door of mixed up handloads. Some light some heavy and it ran every one of them without a hiccup. Didn't even take it apart and clean and oil it. Pulled it out of the box and started shooting. they had a beautiful little compact sig there too that I would have liked to walk away with but it was 300 dollars more and I just don't have it anymore.

JMax
10-21-2015, 06:19 PM
I have one and like it better than the 27 that I had plus it disappears then worn with IWB holster with a loose shirt over it for summer wear [smilie=w:

Petrol & Powder
10-21-2015, 06:45 PM
I think Glock has a real winner with the Model 43. Small, SLIM, effective cartridge, familiar and simple Glock action; everything that's important in a pistol in that class. Glock should have made that little single stack before the Model 26.

Glock has put all of the right features into that concealable pistol. The Kahr's may have some serious competition on their hands.

jmort
10-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Having compared the 43 directly with the Ruger LC9s Pro , my opinion is that the LC9s Pro is the better gun all around, especially the trigger and the 7 standard and 9 round option magazines.

Petrol & Powder
10-21-2015, 08:04 PM
To each his own but the Glock has a pretty good linage

jmort
10-21-2015, 08:45 PM
A good "linage" was not the point, it was a direct comparison between two guns in the same niche. Nothing more. For a $100 less, the Ruger is the better gun, that was my point. If someone is considering a single stack 9mm, check out all the options, I did. Get the 43 I'm sure it works fine.

sandman228
10-21-2015, 08:59 PM
I also picked up a g 43 a couple months ago and like it . its a bit bulky but it actually fits in a pants pocket which is how I carry it till I can find a left handed holster I like for it . as far as the lc9s pro I don't know much about it but I bought my wife a regular lc9 a while back and its junk in my opinion . were looking to dump it and trade up to an m&p 9 compact .

Petrol & Powder
10-21-2015, 11:21 PM
I've always liked the Kahr pistols, basically a single stack that functioned a lot like a Glock. Now that Glock makes a single stack 9mm there's another option available.

jmort
10-21-2015, 11:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2bBSHxk-Oc

He does favor the 43. If you like Glocks, you will like the 43.

Tackleberry41
10-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Not sure why Glock took so long to make what people wanted. They tried to make the brick more compact, but its a brick. I have midsize glock, the big ones are well to big, the smaller ones not sure how your supposed to hold onto them. Glock lost alot of sales dragging their butts before they finally accepted what customers actually want. Now if they had come out with the 43 when Ruger and S&W came out with their single stack 9s, it would have been a 3 way race. But as it is most who wanted a single stack compact 9 already have one. So are not rushing out to buy the glock.

FergusonTO35
10-22-2015, 04:12 PM
I think the 43 is a sweet pistol. I'm so happy with my 42 I doubt I'll ever buy one; unless a screaming deal finds me of course. 2.9 grains Bullseye/Lee 356-102-2R at a chrono'd 988 fps out of my 42 is in the 9mm's rear view and that is a published load and easy to shoot. The Kahr CW9 I used to have was the absolute perfect size for a carry 9mm I thought. Unfortunately I could never shoot it well so down the road it went. The 43 is a bit smaller and has a shorter grip, if it was CW9 size I might just have to trade in my 26.

I love Ruger but alot of people are still having problems with the LC9, just read the Ruger forum. I think most of it is because Ruger lately has been rushing guns to market. They really ought to do more beta testing, I think that would catch alot of the problems.

Petrol & Powder
10-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I think Tackleberry41 is on the right track. Glock lost market share while other makers turned out what people wanted. The Glock 26 and 27 are good pistols in terms of function but buyers looking for a compact / concealable pistol often pass on the Glock double stack sub-compacts and turn to similar single stack models to fill that need. Capacity isn't the overriding criteria when seeking a concealable pistol. The 43 appears to be what people want in that class of pistol.

I've always admired the Glock model 19 and consider it to be well proportioned for its intended role however I could never warm up to the smaller 26 & 27 for all of the reasons previously stated (too fat, too blocky, too big). I think Glock has a winner with the 43 but I agree they lost market share while they refused to abandon the double stack configuration.

dougader
10-22-2015, 11:18 PM
I handled the 43 at a shop last Friday. I have a 26 and I plan to sell it and get a 43 and a 19. The 43 for pocket carry and the 19 for owb carry.

I tried the LC9 but didn't like the way it fit my hand and, imo, the trigger sucks.

jmort
10-22-2015, 11:23 PM
"I tried the LC9 but didn't like the way it fit my hand and, imo, the trigger sucks."

​Yes it does, but not the LC9s or the LC9s Pro. Fantastic trigger.

Petrol & Powder
10-22-2015, 11:32 PM
I handled the 43 at a shop last Friday. I have a 26 and I plan to sell it and get a 43 and a 19. The 43 for pocket carry and the 19 for owb carry.

That's an excellent combination!

harley45
10-23-2015, 01:04 AM
Another good single stack small 9mm is the Sig 938 I love mine especially the sights!

Lloyd Smale
10-23-2015, 08:36 AM
the little sig is what got me started on that and was what I really wanted but was almost 300 bucks more. As to the ruger ive heard they were good guns. A buddy of mine whos opinion is gold to me like his. But I still go back to those clunky old first gen ruger semi auto pistols. Sorry ruger fans but the name ruger doesn't inspire confidence in my like some of you. Ive seen some real junk in both handguns and rifles come from ruger. Yes ive seen good too but unlike some the sun doesn't rise and set on the ruger brand in my book. If it wouldn't have been a glock I bought that day it would have been the sig (if I had the money) or a smith shield way before the ruger would have came home with me. My predudices might be out of place but I have a problem trusting my life or my familys with something that says ruger on it. Just to many quality control issues with them in the past. Seems you either get a good gun or get junk. I don't remember ever having a single issue with a glock that wasn't related to a mistake I made on the loading bench. They go bang every time clean or dirty, new or old. Like I said this one even runs my target load of 3.7 grains of aa2 and a 120 and ive seen full sized 9s choke on that load.
Another good single stack small 9mm is the Sig 938 I love mine especially the sights!

Love Life
10-23-2015, 08:57 AM
Glock was WAY to late to the single stack CCW market. I've owned a 17, 19, and 26 along with a 36. The 19 is really to fat and big for most CCW, the 36 was nice but still pretty fat. The 26 was easy to shoot and small, but still fat as all get out. By the time Glock brought the 42 and 43 to market, my slim 9mm CCW needs had already been met and I haven't even considered one.

That being said, I hope the 43 sales stay strong.

7 Ring
10-23-2015, 09:03 AM
I picked up a Glock 43 in July of this year and like it. I replaced the sights with Ameriglo CAP sights and bought a FX3 AIWB holster for daily carry.

After firing 1,500+ rounds I can say it is reliable.

If you like something else, buy it. If you like the way the Glock 43 feels and handles, it makes a good everyday carry pistol.

Bonz
10-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Having compared the 43 directly with the Ruger LC9s Pro , my opinion is that the LC9s Pro is the better gun all around, especially the trigger and the 7 standard and 9 round option magazines.

+1 - agree

Lloyd Smale
10-23-2015, 12:00 PM
just talked to my buddy whos opinion I respect more then anyones. Hes shot more and owned more handguns then probably any 3 of us put together. He has 3 lc9s one original one and two pros. He said his first one is a heavy load only gun. it wont run anything reduced and does crappy with cast. He said out of his two pros he has one that's great and seems to run anything and one that's fussy but not as bad as his first. He said the two pros do have good triggers though. He also has a shield and has nothing but good to say about it. After shooting my new glock he said his first ruger is getting traded. Hes about the same opinion as I am when it comes to rugers. Yup you can get a good one and if you do there a bargain but quality control from ruger is and always was lacking. His exact words were that his family is worth more then the 100 dollar difference. Fun gun to plink with but when it comes to a serious gun hes not relying on a ruger. don't want to start any wars or offend some who have drank the ruger Kool-Aid but I can start telling even my own ruger quality control issues through the years and the post will be substantially longer then this one. There will NEVER be a gun with ruger wrote on the side with me for anything serious. So if you like your ruger and trust your life to it have at it but not this guy. People can hate glocks all they want but when you pull the trigger they go bang. My LAST two mistakes in that were a couple of lcps. Good guns if you want to buy factory ammo and are anal about cleaning and lubing them but never had luck with even slightly reduced handloads especially with cast and im not buying factory loads. Also my wife had lots of jams because of a weak grip. Bought her a lady smith that she even shoots much better. My advice is if you really want a ruger buy 3 and keep the best one and dump the other two.

Schrag4
10-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Lloyd, you may be right. I own a Glock pistol and a Ruger pistol, and I can definitely tell you that the Glock is a much better-manufactured pistol, especially if you field strip it and look at the slide. I don't have either in single-stack, but I assume the story is similar. HOWEVER, even Glock puts out a lemon from time to time, so I would urge anyone who has what you call a "serious gun" to shoot that gun a lot. Make the gun prove itself, regardless of the brand name on the side. For the record, both of my pistols have proven to me to be reliable enough for serious work, despite the obvious difference in perceived quality (meaning the difference is mainly cosmetic).

Lloyd Smale
10-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Schrag im sure not saying that theres never been a ruger come off the line that wasn't reliable enough for me to carry. What I am saying is that your odds of getting one are about 70 percent with a ruger and about 99 percent with a glock and that's new. 20k round count and that glock will be plugging along like new yet. Sure worth the 100 bucks extra for peace of mind to me. Ive owned at least a doz. ruger semi autos over the years. I had one good p89 back in the day but it wasn't much nicer then a high point and was a bit heavy. Did go bang every time though if you didn't mind its inaccuracy. Decent gun for the money though.

Walkingwolf
10-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Don't feed the fanbois...

FergusonTO35
10-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Lloyd, would you trust a Ruger revolver? Just to give credit where credit is due I think the Ruger single actions, GP-100 and SP-100 are the best revolvers being made today. I love my S&W K-frames but mainly because they weigh so much less and have a sweet trigger pull. In autos I like Glock, Sig, and Browning Hi-Power.

Lloyd Smale
10-24-2015, 08:08 AM
yup. There clunky and some sound like a rattle when you shake them but the gp100s are stout reliable guns. Probably more so then even the smiths I favor. Id actually like to try one of those new factory tuned gp's
Lloyd, would you trust a Ruger revolver? Just to give credit where credit is due I think the Ruger single actions, GP-100 and SP-100 are the best revolvers being made today. I love my S&W K-frames but mainly because they weigh so much less and have a sweet trigger pull. In autos I like Glock, Sig, and Browning Hi-Power.

Petrol & Powder
10-24-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't want to start a this vs. that war but I'll say that it appears Ruger was trying to hit a price point with the design & manufacturing of their center fire pistols. I think the old Ruger Six series revolvers and the current GP-100's and SP101's are some of the best revolvers ever made but Ruger has struggled to produce a compact semi-auto center fire pistol under their self imposed price point.
I not overly impressed with the LC9 and I know several people that sold/traded their LC9 to acquire something else. (often a Glock 26 or a Kahr) I know a larger number of folks that have a Glock 26 or 27 as a companion to a larger Glock pistol. Now that Glock has finally answered the call for a compact single stack 9mm pistol I predict we will see the Glock 43 assuming the role that the 26 was previously fulfilling.

cheese1566
10-24-2015, 09:27 AM
My two cents is to recall Glock didn't really intend on making his first guns for the American concealed carry market. He wanted a simple robust handgun for the worlds military. True, the glock 26 and 27 are big, but they were easier to design and manufacture based off the bigger brothers. This appealed to LE since we already carried them in view and concealed. In addition, I can use my mags ( and those of uniformed officers) from my 22 and 23 if needed. Not to mention a few holsters if needed. Glock had the small 380 in the line up for years, but couldn't import it with ATF import restrictions.

i bought my old Chiefs 27 last year in a trade in program for a sweet deal. My partner bought a small 43 last summer and others bought the 42 when it first came out. I like the 43 as well.

it really all comes down to buying the best, reliable, gun you like and can afford.

isnt it really nice and a luxury to be able to have all these choices to pick from?

jmort
10-24-2015, 10:23 AM
"I not overly impressed with the LC9"

I think there is no disagreement on that. Ruger knew it and came out with the striker-fire versions. The LC9s and LC9s Pro are real nice guns. The trigger is the best out there. Some feel it is too good aka "light." Anyone who likes Glocks, will like the 43. I don't like the ergonomics of the Glock, but that is me and many/most don't have a problem with that. The S&W single stack 9mm is also a good choice in the same price range.

Petrol & Powder
10-24-2015, 12:14 PM
I've heard the argument that one can insert and run a larger magazine in a smaller Glock of the same family (putting a model 17 or model 19 magazine in a model 26 for example) but I've never put a lot of weight in the value of that practice in the real world. There's no doubt that it can be done and it frequently is done in training but I think it has little real world application. I'm not being the least bit critical here, just stating that the ability to run a larger magazine in a smaller pistol is a benefit that I feel is a tad overstated in terms of real world actual use and benefit.

If you've run your primary gun dry and resorted to a back-up gun [BUG], you've emptied your big magazines already. Not to mention that scenario is already in the range of extraordinarily thin odds. If you've transitioned to a BUG due to a failure or loss of your primary handgun and you're still in the fight and you need more than the capacity of that BUG, you're operating in the range of spectacularly low probability. We're talking probability on the order of needing a plan of action in case Saturn strikes the Moon during your gunfight - that kind of low probability.
The same held true back in the revolver days when a primary gun was likely a 6 shot revolver (often .357 mag) and the BUG was a five shot J-frame chambered in 38 Special. Even if all of your ammunition was 38 Special your speedloaders were still not compatible.

The ability to share magazines amongst people on the same team is often stated as an advantage but I've never considered that issue to be critical. Regardless, I'd rather have a small, concealable gun with a few rounds available than a larger gun with 4 more rounds and the ability to share magazines.

sandman228
10-24-2015, 10:15 PM
I agree with earlier posts on ruger revolvers there the best imo i own 5 of them along with a few s&w revolvers . For a long time i was a diehard ruger man and wouldnt even think of owning a glock. But i had some experiances that made me loose faith in there autos and dump them all and replace with a g19, 21, 22, and a 43 . Im not saying glock is the only way to go i also own an m&p 22 compact . To each there own

Lloyd Smale
10-25-2015, 08:50 AM
no magazine no shoot and that key lock rule the lc9 out for me without even firing a round.

jmort
10-25-2015, 10:09 AM
" (sic) no magazine no shoot and that key lock rule the lc9 out for me without even firing a round."

That is why I chose the LC9s Pro, no magazine disconnect, and no safety, and a better/lighter trigger, and more capacity. I will say it again, if you like Glocks, you will like the 43.

Petrol & Powder
10-25-2015, 11:44 AM
So you can buy a LC9s pro that has a polymer frame, is striker fired, doesn't have a magazine or manual safety and uses a single stack magazine
OR you can buy a Glock 43 that has a polymer frame, is striker fired, doesn't have a magazine or manual safety and uses a single stack magazine.........?

The LC9s pro is going for around $370.00 and the Glock 43 is about $425.00, that's a ball-park spread of $55.00.
I'm not going to disparage the LC9s pro but I will throw some stones at the LC9 and the LC9s. The LC9 had problems and I know a couple of people that couldn't wait to get rid of that gun. As for the LC9s, manual safeties and magazine disconnects have no place in a pistol of that class.
That brings us to the LC9s Pro vs. the Glock 43. The Ruger is less expensive but not by enough that the G43 is out of question. The Glock is a proven platform although the G43 is a relatively new model. I'm willing to bet that the G43 will be every bit as reliable and durable as any other Glock.
I could overcome the added expense of the Glock based on Glock's excellent track record alone.

I've always said and will continue to say: Any polymer framed, striker fired combat style pistol that incorporates the Browning tilting barrel system and uses a squared ejection port to lock the barrel to the slide - Is either a Glock or a copy of a Glock.

There are some people that just will not buy a foreign made pistol. (in the south, foreign is pronounced "Fur-in" ). There's a market for American made pistols than emulate the Glock and just about every American gun manufacturer makes some type of a Glock knock-off that functions just like a Glock.
If you're going to buy a gun that looks like a Glock and sort of works like a Glock - Buy a Glock !!

I'm not a Glock salesman, I didn't warm up to Glocks for a Long time but Dammit; They Work and They Work ALL OF THE TIME.

Love Life
10-25-2015, 11:56 AM
I like Glocks.

bedbugbilly
10-25-2015, 03:30 PM
I don't own a Glock . . . never shot a Glock . . . I'm pretty much a "revolver guy". This past spring, I wanted a smaller 9mm single stack to switch off to for carry. I looked at most of them I think . . . I was looking at a Kimber, XD, Shield, etc. and the salesman at the LGS I've always dealt with asked me if I wanted to see the new "Glock 43" - they had one that a guy was supposed to pick up - no others in stock. I had narrowed my decision down to the Shield. BUT . . when I looked at the 43 . . . . held it, aimed it . . . I found my "self imposed non-liking of Glocks" quickly changed. I liked the 43 very much. At the time, they were having trouble getting them so I went with the Shield . . . which I also like very much.

The only other semi-auto I own is a Ruger SR9 . . . along with numerous Ruger wheel guns. I had looked at what Ruger had but just had the "itch" for something different and like I said, I love my Shield. But if they had had a 43 in stock . . . I think I just might have become a "Glock convert" . . . at least for the single stack 9. Everybody likes different things and everybody does not have the same hand size,weight, height, etc. . . . and no handgun is "perfect". When I was looking for a small single stack 9mm . . . I laid 'em side by side and then worked down the line . . . some were instantly set back and soon the pile got down to a couple . . . the Shield and a XD . . . what put me off on the XC was the grip safety. Had a 43 been in stock and in the running . . . it would have been a very hard choice for me . . . even with the 1 less capacity of the Glock. Everybody's mileage varies . . .

9.3X62AL
10-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Yeah, the Glock 43 might find its way into my gun safe. I do like Glocks, though their aesthetics are lacking I find reliability aesthetically pleasing. Ugly is as ugly does.

Lloyd Smale
10-26-2015, 08:28 AM
my new 43 has is stamped right into the grip frame made in the USA snyrna GA so its produced in this country right down there in the heart of the south.
So you can buy a LC9s pro that has a polymer frame, is striker fired, doesn't have a magazine or manual safety and uses a single stack magazine
OR you can buy a Glock 43 that has a polymer frame, is striker fired, doesn't have a magazine or manual safety and uses a single stack magazine.........?

The LC9s pro is going for around $370.00 and the Glock 43 is about $425.00, that's a ball-park spread of $55.00.
I'm not going to disparage the LC9s pro but I will throw some stones at the LC9 and the LC9s. The LC9 had problems and I know a couple of people that couldn't wait to get rid of that gun. As for the LC9s, manual safeties and magazine disconnects have no place in a pistol of that class.
That brings us to the LC9s Pro vs. the Glock 43. The Ruger is less expensive but not by enough that the G43 is out of question. The Glock is a proven platform although the G43 is a relatively new model. I'm willing to bet that the G43 will be every bit as reliable and durable as any other Glock.
I could overcome the added expense of the Glock based on Glock's excellent track record alone.

I've always said and will continue to say: Any polymer framed, striker fired combat style pistol that incorporates the Browning tilting barrel system and uses a squared ejection port to lock the barrel to the slide - Is either a Glock or a copy of a Glock.

There are some people that just will not buy a foreign made pistol. (in the south, foreign is pronounced "Fur-in" ). There's a market for American made pistols than emulate the Glock and just about every American gun manufacturer makes some type of a Glock knock-off that functions just like a Glock.
If you're going to buy a gun that looks like a Glock and sort of works like a Glock - Buy a Glock !!

I'm not a Glock salesman, I didn't warm up to Glocks for a Long time but Dammit; They Work and They Work ALL OF THE TIME.

Lloyd Smale
10-26-2015, 08:29 AM
no arguing there ugly but there no more ugly then any of the other black guns. Matter of fact this 43 has cleaner lines to me then most.
Yeah, the Glock 43 might find its way into my gun safe. I do like Glocks, though their aesthetics are lacking I find reliability aesthetically pleasing. Ugly is as ugly does.

FergusonTO35
10-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Petrol & Powder- I agree that most poly frame striker pistols are Glock copies in one way or another. However, it must be said that Gaston didn't invent poly frames (HK), striker fired combat style pistol (too numerous to mention), Browning tilting barrel system (Well, who else?) or the squared ejection port to lock the barrel to the slide (Sig). He did combine all this into a very simple and well made gun that just keeps going and going, which is itself quite an accomplishment. I really admire Glock for not going off in all kinds of different directions but just adding refinements to the original design over the years. I really think Ruger could have kept the P-series going alot longer if they had updated them to modern tastes instead of just creating a new pistol from scratch that isn't too much different from what everyone else offers.

Petrol & Powder
10-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Yep, I'm fully aware of the origins of the polymer frame (H&K VP70) the obvious Browning short recoil tilting barrel system and the SIG P220's use of a square cross section ejection port. My point was that Glock does follow those lines and damn near everyone else makes some copy that incorporates those features. If you're going to buy a Glock knock off just buy a Glock and be done with it.

Lloyd, I didn't know the G43 was made in the U.S.A. but that's just another good reason to buy the G43 !

FergusonTO35
10-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Agree completely with you, didn't mean to sound like I was calling you out or anything. Sorry about that. Yes, if you want a Glock just buy one and be done with it. I'll say it again, if Ruger had decided to remake the P-series guns with the excellent SR9 ergonomics and dimensions I think they would sell like mad.

At the same time, I wonder if the Glock design has essentially become the standard pattern for modern combat pistols that everyone will create their own version of. Many companies have made solid frame double action revolvers with swing out cylinders yet the S&W Hand Ejector is the common ancestor of them all. Likewise, the 1911 design quickly crowded out all the other .45 auto pistols when it was introduced and continues to do so. Maybe some day there will be numerous companies producing Glocks with their own little touches minus the trademarks.

Catshooter
10-27-2015, 03:07 AM
That's very interesting Lloyd. Tell me, is the trigger grooved or smooth?

Cat

Petrol & Powder
10-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Lloyd Smale
10-27-2015, 09:02 AM
groved
That's very interesting Lloyd. Tell me, is the trigger grooved or smooth?

Cat

Lloyd Smale
10-27-2015, 09:04 AM
My wife got so mad at me she took my 43 away from me last night. The darned little thing feels so good in my hand that I sit in the chair and dry fire it over and over. Drives her nuts. Killed a pastle of tv actors allready[smilie=w:

FergusonTO35
10-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Lloyd, did you notice that the 43 trigger pull is very stiff but with light takeup and little overtravel? That's how my 42 is, I bet it is a good 12 pounds or so.

9.3X62AL
10-27-2015, 10:36 AM
TO35--

THAT is unusual......the "standard" Glock trigger pull spec is 2.5 kg, or roughly 5.5#. Part of my old shop's quals process involved trigger pull weight checks on EVERY sidearm carried by EVERY deputy, so I got to measure hundreds of Glocks thousands of times over the years. These pistols' triggers unfailingly registered around 1/4# either side of 5.5# without exception. There were a few 1.5 kg trigger assemblies available, but these have been largely discontinued; I had one in my Glock 23 that one of my daughters now uses. The other option is sometimes called "the New York trigger", having a weight of 3.5 kg/8#. Perhaps that last weight-class is what your pistol has on board.

Love Life
10-27-2015, 10:38 AM
You can also get a 4.5 lb trigger system from Glock. Had one on my Glock 41.

9.3X62AL
10-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Pearce Grips already has "+1" base plates with finger hook for the G-43......that about puts a lock on the subject for me.

Lloyd Smale
10-27-2015, 02:25 PM
yup that's about it. I don't think its 12 but my trigger guage only goes up to 6lbs and it wont trip it. Id guess it started around 10lbs and is somewhere around 7-8 right now. Ive put about 500 rounds through it in the last couple days and I do think its getting better with time. Im debating doing something about the heavy trigger pull. Don't know whether I want to bother with it or not. Its such a fun little gun that im sure it would get plinking chores if it was a bit lighter
Lloyd, did you notice that the 43 trigger pull is very stiff but with light takeup and little overtravel? That's how my 42 is, I bet it is a good 12 pounds or so.

Petrol & Powder
10-27-2015, 06:53 PM
FergusonTO35 - no worries.

Lloyd - Sounds like you've found a keeper!

wingspar
10-29-2015, 12:52 AM
I’m surprised at how accurate I am with the G43 than my Kel-Tec PF9. Never been a fan of DA/SA or DOA hammer fired guns. The striker fired G43 is softer shooting too.

For the heck of it, I took my G17 and G43 and put them thru the Chrono with the same 115 grain bullets.

G17 - 1197 fps with 365 fpe.

G43 - 1043 fps with 277 fpe.

I see lots of talk of why only 6 round magazines, but never how much you loose with the shorter barrel.

FergusonTO35
10-29-2015, 03:19 PM
The 42 has a coil trigger bar spring similar to the New York trigger spring, which raises the pull weight quite a bit.

Lloyd Smale
10-30-2015, 07:25 AM
shot it alongside my full sized m&p 9mm yesterday. Triggers are about indentical in both (bad) smith is a bit easier to shoot because its heavier though.

alamogunr
10-30-2015, 10:40 PM
After reading thru this thread, I had to hold one. It just happened that my wife wanted to go to Memphis shopping. I let her out at the mall and went to a store I had never been in before. They had one with another shipment due. The guy on the counter said they sold about 6 a week. Couldn't keep them in stock.

I would have to agree that it felt good in the hand. Since all my semi-auto's are comparatively large, I was surprised.

This particular pistol had the extender on the magazine. I looked the 43 up on line and just about every picture I saw had a standard magazine w/o extender. From what I could determine, the extender is only that, it does not add to magazine capacity. I may still have to have one.

While I was in the store, a guy and his wife/girl friend came in to buy a handgun for her. She had her heart set on a purple gun. Changed her mind when they told her it would take about a week to get one in. I'm still having trouble imagining colors other than black, blue or stainless.

Lloyd Smale
10-31-2015, 06:04 AM
yes its just an extender. Still 6 rounds.

9.3X62AL
11-01-2015, 01:03 AM
yes its just an extender. Still 6 rounds.

Is this "extender" a feature on one of the OEM magazines included with the pistol (like the Walther PP-series pistols had)?

Lloyd Smale
11-01-2015, 07:32 AM
yes it is

ErnieBishop
11-01-2015, 09:11 AM
A 43 was in my near future before I read this thread.
Appreciate the info.

9.3X62AL
11-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Thank you, Lloyd. Funny how that element isn't part of the ad copy......I suppose they are emphasizing compactness over utility for us big-pawed knuckle-draggers. Mom always said I wasn't real highly-evolved.

warboar_21
11-02-2015, 07:37 PM
I bought a Sig p290 when they first came out and missed the 938. I think I will wait and see if Glock comes out with a 40 s&w version before I go with the single stack Glock.

freebullet
11-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

I viewed one for the first time at the lgs today. The grip angle is not as funky for me as fullsize glocks. Seems to point natural better.The game has most certainly changed drastically for guns this size and glock is really late. After handling all available similarly sized the p938 still gets me.

Plate plinker
11-08-2015, 11:47 AM
I am soon to acquire a G43.

P&P I run a G27 with a 23mag and the slide over (XP)? thing. You can really get a great grasp on the gun that way and with 13 rounds I feel pretty good about that too.