PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a railed 1911

osteodoc08
10-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Looking for a railed 1911 to replace one I had to let go a few years ago. I had a Smith E-series 1911TA. A full sized stainless model with picatinny rail. I really liked it, but I cant find one locally. I have run across the following and would like to pick one up over the next week or so.

1. Kimber TLE/RL
2. Springfield Operator
3. Colt Combat Elite
4. Sig Nitron Rail

Id like to have the Colt because, well, its a Colt. But it is $1150. The Kimber is about the same. The Sig about $950 and the Springer is $850. The Springer appears to be the best for the money. Night sights, loaded features. The Colt is very asthetically pleasing. It has plain Novak sights, not night sights and would require additional cost over the others (which all have night sights).

Opinions?

Bzcraig
10-19-2015, 01:12 AM
I don't think any of those are a bad choice. If you don't already have a Colt, well you must need one!

Love Life
10-19-2015, 01:21 AM
A man should own at least one Colt. The concern about cost disappears when you open up that blue box...

I'm not seeing a Colt Combat Elite with a rail. Anhywho, with the dovetailed sights you can easily replace with night sights and sell the factory sights. Matter o' fact I'd buy your front sight. Front cocking serrations are overrated, but they are on the Colt so your stuck with them if you buy the Colt.

As for the...others...I'd take the Kimber as a second choice, and Springfield third.

osteodoc08
10-19-2015, 02:43 AM
Perhaps I'm confusing the colt models. I thought it was blues with a satin finished frame with rail. Perhaps it was all stainless. Too many models to ogle over.

rondog
10-19-2015, 03:13 AM
Colt M45A1. Lust.

Love Life
10-19-2015, 05:14 AM
Colt M45A1. Lust.

The correct answer!