PDA

View Full Version : New Tri-Standard Owner

beeser
10-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Congrats to the new Tri-Standard owner that picked up an excellent buy (IMHO) on eBay. Hope he's a member here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tri-Standard-Inline-Reloading-Press-/191708248685?hash=item2ca2b3ba6d&nma=true&si=lSmeNyOoXku2nxnHdwYkWUqYdsc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

fryboy
10-12-2015, 12:34 AM
wow ... he outbid himself by a 100 bux ...granted automatic bid but still , i'd say that he wanted it kind of badly ( safe bet ;) )

it does leave me ask however ( i rarely go to evilbay ) was you merely watching or also bidding ?

beeser
10-12-2015, 12:47 AM
wow ... he outbid himself by a 100 bux ...granted automatic bid but still , i'd say that he wanted it kind of badly ( safe bet ;) )

it does leave me ask however ( i rarely go to evilbay ) was you merely watching or also bidding ?
I didn't know the auction existed until after it had ended. I think ReloaderFred, another Tri-Standard owner, would agree it was a good deal. This one was already converted for .45 ACP and is motor operated. I hope to have one someday.

fryboy
10-12-2015, 12:49 AM
a good deal is relative to the desire of owning it , but for the few i have seen ...i agree lolz , good luck on your quest amigo !

ReloaderFred
10-12-2015, 02:07 AM
He got a good deal on it, but he's in trouble already, beeser. I see that the primer slide is missing, and there's only one source for that, since you need a sample to make one, and they're made from tool steel, as is the powder slide. The powder slide is in place, though. I also don't see a handle or motor mount for running it.

My guess is he's going to have to put another $900 to $1,000 into it to get it up and running, based on my experience. Randy doesn't work cheap, and he's the only game in town for working on these machines, which are really called the Loadamatic. They were first made by Tri-Standard Manufacturing, in Los Angeles, CA, in the 1950's.

Hope this helps.

Fred

dudel
10-12-2015, 07:41 AM
He got a good deal on it, but he's in trouble already, beeser. I see that the primer slide is missing, and there's only one source for that, since you need a sample to make one, and they're made from tool steel, as is the powder slide. The powder slide is in place, though. I also don't see a handle or motor mount for running it.

My guess is he's going to have to put another $900 to $1,000 into it to get it up and running, based on my experience. Randy doesn't work cheap, and he's the only game in town for working on these machines, which are really called the Loadamatic. They were first made by Tri-Standard Manufacturing, in Los Angeles, CA, in the 1950's.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Holy Cats! Sounds like money better spent on a Dillon 1050; but to each their own. If buyer and seller are both happy, then that's what counts.

salpal48
10-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Owning Those are One thing , Getting them Running another. . Problems start when they stop

beeser
10-12-2015, 09:40 AM
I agree that owning a Tri-Standard is not for the faint of heart. It requires special skills and tools to keep them running correctly. But it's a finely made machine with practically every part hand fitted. The Dillon 1050 is a nice well made reloader but is not in the same class of a Tri-Standard compared to its production capabilities or the machining required to make them. I would like to have both.

Nueces
10-12-2015, 09:54 AM
It looks like he outbid himself, but that's not possible with the ebay bidding system. A series of increasing bids was necessary to reach the reserve price, which appears to have been $1000.