PDA

View Full Version : G2 Contenders

bdicki
10-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I got an e mail from EABCO that they have new G2's in stock.

FLHTC
10-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Yep so does Bellm

Lonegun1894
10-17-2015, 06:26 PM
And Ed's TC.

Tatume
10-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Cool! Good to see them coming back.

Ola
10-28-2015, 08:48 AM
Do you have any ideas how to get some Contender barrels to Finland?

There is real demand, but we don't have a importer anymore. So there is zero new barrels available at the moment.
Also the used market has halted completely: no one wants to sell a barrel that is VERY difficult to replace.

If there is a company that might be able to deliver, please let me know. It would be appreciated.

45-70 Chevroner
10-28-2015, 01:51 PM
What are your laws concerning imports especially gun parts?

Artful
10-28-2015, 02:32 PM
http://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/eng/document.jsp?did=147349

Some of the mandatory forms to import goods to Finland are the following:

Commercial invoice
Customs Value Declaration
Freight documents
Customs Clearance Form (SAD)
Entry and Exit Summary Declaration (AREX)
Certificate of Origin
Insurance certificate
Declaration for request for free circulation

In addition to these forms, for keeping the imported goods within the EU and permanently releasing them from the Customs supervision, the goods should be declared for the Release for Free Circulation procedure.

Customs provides a company with an Economic Operators’ Registration and Identification (EORI) code, which the company is obliged to use as an identification number when dealing with customs officials in any EU Member State. In addition to registering economic operators established in Finland, Finnish Customs also registers economic operators not established in the customs territory of the Community if they are involved in the import, export or transit of goods that crosses the borders of the customs territory of the Community.

On October 18th 2013, the EU and Canada have reached a political agreement on the key elements of a trade agreement (CETA). The agreement will remove over 99% of tariffs between the two economies and create sizeable new market access opportunities in services and investment.

VATVAT on goods imported from outside the Community is collected. It is levied on the total amount of the purchase price, delivery costs (freight) and customs duty in accordance with the transport agreement to the first destination within Finland. The VAT for most goods in Finland is 24 %. A tax declaration must be submitted to the Customs, by the importer of the goods. Goods are released from Customs for "free circulation" once the pertinent documents have been filed and payment of tariff duties has been completed. After paying the value added tax (VAT) and any other applicable excise duty, goods are released for consumption and ready to be marketed.

Restrictions

The National Authorities as well as the EU can impose import restrictions. The restrictions apply to items such as narcotics, radioactive substances, medicines, vitamins, homeopathic medicines, live animals, products originating from animals, endangered animals and plants and products originating from them, other plants and plant products, firearms and ammunition, explosives and fireworks, dangerous edged weapons, clothes and other textile products, agricultural products and foodstuffs, counterfeit products, substances harming the ozone layer, toys, animal feed, fertilizers and alcoholic beverages.

A patent and sole right of professional use may be applied for in respect of an invention that may be used for industrial purposes.

The main requirements can be classified in the sectors of: Product safety, Technical standardization , Packaging and Labelling.

Excise Duties
An excise taxation harmonized by the directives is applied to alcohol and alcoholic beverages, manufactured tobacco and mineral oils (liquid fuels) in the EU member countries. In Finland, additional excise duties are levied on sweets (candies, soft drinks, ice cream), electricity, and certain fuels (coal, natural gas and tall oil). A national excise duty is also levied on retail containers of alcoholic beverages and soft drinks. An oil waste tax (of excise duty nature) is applied to lubricating oils and preparations. The excise taxation is carried out by the Customs authorities.

Looks like it might be easier to find a Canadian dealer to export to Finland.

Ola
10-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Importing to Finland is not the problem: exporting T/C from USA seems to be. I know couple of local gun shop owners who have all the necessary permits. They have tried ordering the barrels from T/C and other US-companies too.. NO LUCK. (And at the same time they are importing other American guns without problems.)

Of course in the recent years the demand is USA has been so great that export-business hasn't been very important to American manufacturers. Maybe it is changing now?

McFred
11-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Do you have any ideas how to get some Contender barrels to Finland?

There is real demand, but we don't have a importer anymore. So there is zero new barrels available at the moment.
Also the used market has halted completely: no one wants to sell a barrel that is VERY difficult to replace.

Sounds like a market waiting to be satisfied; either an importer/exporter or a small shop like Bullberry, Bellm, MGM, Eabco etc. Are there no machine shops, welders and/or barrel blanks available in Finland? No gunsmiths or job-shops interested in reverse engineering TC style barrel systems?

P Flados
11-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Did your local shops contact one the guys that "speak fluent T/C" like Ed's or Bellm?

Ola
11-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a market waiting to be satisfied; either an importer/exporter or a small shop like Bullberry, Bellm, MGM, Eabco etc. Well, that is something to consider. I have ordered some stuff from Bellm myself so that might be a good starting point..

Are there no machine shops, welders and/or barrel blanks available in Finland? No gunsmiths or job-shops interested in reverse engineering TC style barrel systems? Yes, we have excellent gun smiths and all the works necessary to do that. But the problem is the rules of the game: most barrels are used in siluette shooting -> original barrels are preferred.

P Flados
11-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Yes, we have excellent gun smiths and all the works necessary to do that. But the problem is the rules of the game: most barrels are used in siluette shooting -> original barrels are preferred.

As I remember, if it is a standard catalog item it can still be considered ok for production. With the the factory prices and the pitiful selection now standard at the factory, a specialty shop offering the right products would probably be better for putting down the steel than new T/C barrels.

On the other hand, frames are still needed.

Ola
11-03-2015, 03:33 PM
As I remember, if it is a standard catalog item it can still be considered ok for production. With the the factory prices and the pitiful selection now standard at the factory, a specialty shop offering the right products would probably be better for putting down the steel than new T/C barrels. I just took a look at the current T/C selection.. pitiful is an understatement!
OK, what specialty shop you'd recommend?

P Flados
11-03-2015, 10:13 PM
I just took a look at the current T/C selection.. pitiful is an understatement!
OK, what specialty shop you'd recommend?

I was suggesting that market conditions would be potentially good for a shop in the EU do something similar to Eabco, Bullberry or MGM with a least a smattering of "catalog" items for legality.

I did some sample shopping to see how "custom" I could go using something like a "standard order form".

Lets just say I wanted 30 BO style shooting (220 grn high BC at subsonic or low supersonic) from a 10" contender, but I wanted to use a 30 Herrett case because it is rimmed & I have dies & brass. The MGM web site indicates that they will make one with 1 in 8 twist for their standard starting price, $250. EABCO will also make one but it goes for $375.