PDA

View Full Version : George showes up at a friend's house.

fast ronnie
10-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Just got back from a trip to the mid west and stopped at another member's place to spend the day at the range with him. While I was there, George showed up with three new slings for my new toy. George's friend was kind enough to show me proper use of them. We had a nice day at the range, then had a good-sized chunk of watermelon before we had to get back on the road. Really good watermelon, too!!

Thanks George, and please tell your friend that I am appreciative.......

rancher1913
10-08-2015, 09:38 PM
glad you got your transportation fixed. you had better check your reloading room, george has a habit of "liberating" things you haven't used in a while.

fast ronnie
10-08-2015, 11:12 PM
I see you're from Colorado. I assume you know George's friend. The issue we were having with the truck at that point seems like it turned into a non-issue, but it did push coolant two more times on the trip. It was kind of strange in that it would only push water out of the radiator cap if I filled the radiator clear to the top where it is supposed to be. For some reason, the overflow tank didn't seem to be working correctly but it never overheated, and would stop after it lost about a cupful of coolant. The other problem that actually left us broken down in a truck stop seems to have been cured by a new starter and a new battery. Starter was only a year old and the battery was 2 years old. I hope my friend who owns the truck can get some financial restitution as it was a brand new dodge starter bought and installed at his dodge dealer. He offered to pay for the starter, but I figure that he was good enough to loan me his truck, so I returned it in ( I hope) good running condition.
One side benefit was I got to shoot another member's new piece as well as George's friend that I went to shoot with. Return trip was totally uneventful (thankfully) but missed a chance to see Speedway Motors collection of antique handbuilt racing engines. Maybe another day?

tdoor4570
10-08-2015, 11:20 PM
I'm goimg to second ranchers warning about looking over your reloading room , things have a way of going missing. It was good to meet you fast ronnie hope the rest of your trip went well.

rancher1913
10-10-2015, 11:43 AM
yah auto's can be a pain sometimes. wife has a newer dodge caliber and on a trip halfway through kansas she stopped to get gas and it wouldn't start. starter went that quick. I had to stay at the ranch so she was alone, tow bill and repair was over 600 bucks, could have done it myself for a fraction of that but couldn't get there.

fast ronnie
10-11-2015, 09:54 PM
I returned my buddy's truck a couple of days ago. I went to visit him yesterday, and he found a hole in the radiator. It was so small that I drove from California to Indiana and back and only lost about 2 or 3 cups of coolant. He put in a new radiator yesterday, along with getting the battery replaced as it was still under warranty. I had kept the old starter and battery for that reason. The battery was covered by Costco, but Dodge wouldn't do anything about the starter. They said the warranty was 12 seconds or 12 feet. The Lord was watching over me, I can guarantee you!!!