PDA

View Full Version : Waitng for some cold

GunnyJohn
10-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm really enjoying reading your hunting stories and seeing the pics. My elk tag has been burning a hole in my pocket since Sept. 1st. This year the weather has been so d@#N warm that I haven't really felt like going out. Elk season should be colder. Add to that we have just spent the last month and a half buying a new house... moving... ect. Self inflicted wound I know. Hopefully I'll be able to get out next week. The good thing is that I have until the end of the month to make meat. The last five years, since I've given up on trying to find a big set of horns, we've been eating better. Of course I've also seen a lot more big horns. That's o.k. I haven't found any good recipe for horn soup yet, rather have a nice fat cow. Just spouting off I guess the time will come. I hope you all have good (and successful) seasons.

Luck to all,

GunnyJohn

white eagle
10-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Amen to that
I know what you mean it just aint hunting
when you are wearing shorts and t-shirts

Blacktail 8541
10-16-2015, 09:11 PM
This year has been really hot. It's hard to hunt when it is 95 degrees out.

runfiverun
10-16-2015, 10:50 PM
I just come in from 5 day's of hunting the back country [called the back country cause everything you got, got there on your back]
it was 70 during the day, and only @ 40 or so at night.
the deer were only moving in the early morning and right at dark [till the moon was gone] until they couldn't see anymore, then they bedded down and stayed tight to cover.
a couple of inches of snow would sure be nice.

GunnyJohn
10-20-2015, 09:07 PM
I agree, some snow would be great. We had lower temps last weekend and some fog/drizzle. Starting to get a little more Elky.