PDA

View Full Version : A very thoughtful gift from a member

osteodoc08
10-05-2015, 10:42 PM
I received a very nice set of reloading trays from a member here who's screen name escapes me but carries the initials M.O. from Reedsburg, WI. (Please PM
me)

I am coming off a long shift and saw a USPS MFRB and was not expecting it. I shook it and looked it over. I was not expecting this. I opened it up and found two absolutely beautiful, wonderfully crafted loading trays. I'm not sure what I did to deserve the generosity, but a heartfelt and sincere thank you!

Now I have to decide whether to display these or actually use them!

jsizemore
10-05-2015, 11:05 PM
I'd use them with pride!

OldFogey
10-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Those are way too cool to use, but waaaaaaaay too functional to not use!

bruce drake
10-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Beautiful work! Those make my pine board and Masonite loading trays look very amateurish in comparison!

tinhorn97062
10-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Well those look quite a bit better than my 3D printed trays. That should spruce up the loading bench a bit. :D

Rockydog
10-07-2015, 09:34 PM
I confess. These were not exactly a gift but just my way of showing appreciation for osteodoc's understanding of an error I made last spring in a swap on this site. He had a scope that he wanted to swap for some 45 Colt brass. In my eagerness to make the trade I misunderstood and thought he wanted 45ACP brass. I certainly know the difference as I have a .45 Colt myself. I boxed up and shipped him the ACP brass. I was extremely embarrassed by my gaff. In a very nice gesture he told me that he understood and that I should just keep the scope and he'd call it even. I'd have sent some brass but all but a handful of my .45 Colt is loaded. As an apology, but mainly out of respect for his gentlemanly behavior, I made a pair of loading blocks for his bench. I still intend to send him some brass but he won't hear of it.

You meet the nicest people on here. Sometimes they should get rewarded for it. RD

trails4u
10-07-2015, 09:55 PM
I love this place.

1989toddm
10-07-2015, 10:08 PM
I love this place.

Good people!

BNE
10-07-2015, 10:11 PM
I love this place.

Yes, it is full of folks.

TXGunNut
10-07-2015, 10:19 PM
I've been thinking about making some of those since I acquired a drill press a few years back. I'm sure they won't turn out that pretty but at least I won't be afraid to use them, lol.

Bzcraig
10-08-2015, 01:38 AM
Doc and Rockydog epitomize the reason this site is home!

osteodoc08
10-08-2015, 04:12 AM
Well, the mystery is solved now. I chuckle to myself because I really didn't give the miscommunication a second thought. RockyDog, you should consider making some and selling them in the S&S section. I am that impressed with them. It was an over the top gesture and I'm openly thankful to you and the rest of our brotherhood here. The gift couldn't have come at a better time for me. Thank you.

Rustyleee
10-08-2015, 04:41 AM
There sure are some classy people here.

Bazoo
10-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Pretty nice. I've made a few sets here and there for myself and others. Course, i am a carpenter by trade.

Bad Water Bill
10-10-2015, 07:06 AM
A great show of the quality of our members.

Those blocks look like an exact copy of the Herters blocks I bought many years ago.

For some reason no one mentions the safety feature of having 60 holes there.

Start your load and move each cartridge 2 rows forward thus preventing any chance of a double load.

Thanks for the photos.

Rockydog
10-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Bill, Thank you for your recognition of 12 rows of holes. That's exactly why I make them that way. Even when I make a small block for loading a box of ammo at a time it typically has an extra 2 rows of holes. RD