PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot!

jaysouth
10-05-2015, 10:32 PM
I was driving through the arkinsaw territory when I went past this tire and alignment shop in Snaquebite, AR.(no that's not the real name, but I am not going to share that with you)

On a hunch, I stopped and went inside and asked about any scrap wheelweights. The guy behind the counter looked up and said "boy, how much you need?" ( I am 30 years older than this guy). I said, How much you got? He said, "moreun you can haul in that riceburner your'e driving". OK, I said "how much". He said "can you go fitty cent a pound?"

After a few minutes, I left with 200 pounds of wheelweights and left behind a crisp one hundred dollar bill. I will be back next week with a truck and some more hundreds.

Then the fun begins, but it's getting cooler.

berksglh
10-05-2015, 11:14 PM
More and more around me are zinc and non lead based weights. The old buckets that have been sitting for years are good scores. Buckets that have been filled in the last 1-2 years are 20-50% junk weights.

Last year I paid 0.27/lbs, and the scrap yard bought the non lead weights for the same. Value of wheel weights should be going down as they are less and less lead based.

Just my opinions on what I've seen in Wisconsin.

Here's to hoping you got 90% lead based or more.

lightman
10-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Are you poaching in my patch?:| Good score! Its surprising what those random stops can produce sometimes.

jaysouth
10-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Are you poaching in my patch?:| Good score! Its surprising what those random stops can produce sometimes.

It was real close to Missouri, or maybe it was Lousiana. I left a trail of bread crumbs so I can find my way back next week.

lightman
10-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Ha Ha!:? Congrats on a good score. Maybe they are old enough to yield a good % of lead for you.