PDA

View Full Version : Magpul's new Hunter X22 stock

AZ-JIM
10-05-2015, 12:22 AM
https://www.magpul.com/products/hunter-x-22-stock-ruger-10-22

Has anyone picked up and put one of these to use yet? If so how do you like it?
I handled one in Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and like the way it shoulders and feels, I'm tempted to buy one for an unfinished project.

az-jim

bremraf
10-05-2015, 09:23 AM
I had a magpul stock on an 870, it was the most comfortable stock I've ever owned.

Tackleberry41
10-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Looks like a good stock, I was trying to figure out where the bolt handle in the pic on their website comes from.

Doc Highwall
11-10-2015, 05:43 PM
I just received mine today with the high cheek piece in black.

2wheelDuke
11-11-2015, 07:53 PM
I got to hold one at a gun show. I want one after that. I hope I like it as much with an action and a heavy barrel installed.

AZ-JIM
11-21-2015, 10:55 PM
I got mine a few weeks ago and have been working to lighten it up some. I did a bit of material removal in locations I felt comfortable with and that would not compromise integrity. This was going on a "lightweight" build anyway so I wanted it as light as I could reasonably get it. Not sure if it was worth the trouble but....I got 3.5 oz off of it, I wanted more but it didn't come off as fast as I expected. If the math adds up it will be 4.8 pounds with optic. My goal was a 4 pound rifle, so I'm close. It was an interesting project, and cost way too much for a 22 but it was fun. I just need to Ceracoat the barrel, and put a red dot on it after I find out which ammo it likes. It shoulders very naturally and is very comfortable, I like it.

az-jim153921