PDA

View Full Version : A nice surprise from Lyman

PbHurler
10-03-2015, 02:47 PM
I was breaking in a mold from N.O.E. last weekend. About the time I was done, the lever return spring on my Lyman Mag 20 gave up the ghost. The spring broke in two where the lever enters the needle rod. This furnace is one of the round models similar to a Saeco. I've had it since 1981.

I emailed Lyman through their website to see if I could buy either just the spring or the lever assembly and if so, to please inform me of the cost & method of payment.

Two days later, I received a response from Lyman stating "although we no longer make the Mag 20 we still have some replacement parts available. A replacement will be sent out to you".

Yesterday I received a little bubble mailer from Lyman containing the spring, No charge!

It may have been only a minor issue, and I could have operated the pot without a spring, or fashioned one myself but Lyman came through for me.

Thank You Lyman!

Yodogsandman
10-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Wow! Nice to hear Lyman helped you out!

VHoward
10-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Yes, that is uncommon. Nice to hear of good customer service from Lyman.

runfiverun
10-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Lyman is actually a good company and their products are useable and of good quality.
it's [unfortunately] their undersized molds giving them a bad rap in our world.

williamwaco
10-03-2015, 04:48 PM
I have had several good experiences with them replacing stuff that I broke. As for undersized molds. Lee is just as bad.

Tazza
10-06-2015, 07:40 PM
It is rare for a company to go above and beyond for their customers, it's really nice when they do. I hope they know that the little things like that give them customers for life.

I had something like this happen years ago when i had a cordless logitech mouse. One of the sensors died, i called them up and they had a DOA one there that they sent me for free. I used parts off it to repair mine. I have since bought quite a bit of logitech gear.

Treat your customers right, and they will do the same.