PDA

View Full Version : Umarex Peacemaker

Shorty
10-02-2015, 12:55 PM
My wife bought me a pair of these revolvers for my birthday. They are really neat guns. One is perfect and the other one isn't quite so perfect. The bluing on the frame is very light and there are couple of other slight defects like a screw appears to be rusted and there is a casting flaw on the hammer.
I called Umarex and was told that they don't warrant the finish and that I should see if they seller will take it back. My wife bought them from Amazon and we sent in a return claim last night. Unfortunately the seller doesn't offer an exchange only a refund. So I'll have to return it and them buy another one. Just to make it more interesting the price on the revolver went up $10.00 on all of the internet websites yesterday. She paid $99.99 and now the cheapest anywhere is $109.99. Plus shipping.
Ah yes, screwed again.

Ithaca Gunner
10-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Pretty nice looking. Will they shoot pellets, or just B-B's?

Shorty
10-03-2015, 10:18 PM
They will shoot both lead pellets and BBs. Not sure which is more accurate, some websites say one and others say the other. Umarex says to only shoot BBs, but that doesn't seem to slow anybody down. Fun guns to shoot.

Ithaca Gunner
10-04-2015, 09:41 AM
I would bet they are fun to shoot! I'll have to take another look on Pyramid air at these.

Shorty
10-04-2015, 10:02 PM
One of the neat things about the revolver is that sound that it makes when you cock it. It makes the clicks just like a real Colt. The cartridges that hold the BBs are pretty great also. I'm guessing that the reason Umarex says to use only BBs is that it is a smooth bore barrel. Other than that I don't know. Definitely check them out. They are almost as much fun as the Mattel Fanner 50 I had as a kid. At the time I thought that was the greatest gun ever.