PDA

View Full Version : Mold suggestions 1863 Sharps

keydet15
09-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I picked up an early shiloh sharps 1863 sporting rifle in 54 cal this past weekend. Need some suggestions for a good mold to use with it.

Thanks

Hickok
09-30-2015, 07:37 PM
http://moosemoulds.com/

Best moulds ever for the paper-cutter Sharps rifles. I have Pedersoli Sharps Berdan and use their moulds. Great folks to deal with.

keydet15
10-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks, you wouldn't happen to know what the difference is between the sharps christmas tree and the moose sharps ringtail?

Mr Peabody
10-01-2015, 09:18 AM
There has been a Pedersoli mould for that rifle on gun broker, it might still be there.

Naphtali
10-01-2015, 12:46 PM
keydet15:

PM sent.

Hickok
10-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks, you wouldn't happen to know what the difference is between the sharps christmas tree and the moose sharps ringtail?I have the Sharps Christmas tree, on it each band gets slightly bigger to help align the boolit in the leads/throat. You can easily make your own paper cartridges to attach to the base of the boolit or order cardboard tubes from Charlie Hahn.

I really don't know the difference between the Moose Sharps boolit, but I see a weight difference. The Sharps Christmas tree is a good copy of the original Sharps slug.

My Pedersoli Sharps Berdan will keep 3 shots in a two inch group @ 100 yards when I do my part. At 50 yards it rips a nice thumb sized hole for three shots.

I have taken deer with the Sharps Christmas tree boolit, and it goes through and through and have never found a slug yet remaining in a deer.