PDA

View Full Version : Renegade double set trigger

RDQ
09-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Hello all, my name is Rodney and I am new here. I just picked up a TC Renegade .50 can in great condition. It currently has as the single trigger set up and I am curious if a Hawken double set trigger would fit along with the proper trigger guard. I have located one but wanted to make sure it would work before I bought it. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

bubba.50
09-30-2015, 05:14 PM
it would not be a "drop-in" change but, could probably be done. don't think it would look real great or be worth the trouble after ya got-r-done. the single trigger & double-set trigger renegades use different triggerguards and the trigger inlettin' is different. you'd have to fill in part of the single-trigger inlet then you'd need to inlet more for the rear tab of the double triggerguard. the same would have to be done for the trigger inlet. some wood backfilled here & some more whittled out there. personally, i'd polish the trigger/lock components to get the best trigger pull I could & if it wasn't good enough i'd look for a double-trigger stock assembly. there's one available on graybeard outdoors right now for 90 bucks. luck to ya & have a good'en, bubba.

Tenbender
09-30-2015, 06:23 PM
My 50 Renegade has double set trigger ?? First BP rifle I ever owned. Bought a kit and , you guessed it, put it together. Great round ball gun. Not bad with 44 sabot pistol bullets.

idahoron
09-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Hello all, my name is Rodney and I am new here. I just picked up a TC Renegade .50 can in great condition. It currently has as the single trigger set up and I am curious if a Hawken double set trigger would fit along with the proper trigger guard. I have located one but wanted to make sure it would work before I bought it. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

I didn't think I could do the switch but I do like the finger hook so I just added a finger hook to two of mine.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/idahoron/Muzzleloaders/Guard12_zps34a01581.jpg

RDQ
10-01-2015, 09:47 AM
OK thanks for the info