PDA

View Full Version : Ugg van repairs

GREENCOUNTYPETE
09-29-2015, 07:25 PM
now I really can't complain to much but , just when I was thinking hey I might be able to get some gun money in the budget

I have a 2001 Ford E350 15 passenger van with the 5.4 v8 and at 198k and change it has cost me

2 sets of tires
4 batteries
3 alternators
2 coils
1 transmission rebuild at 50K clearly should not have needed it at that mileage but it was out of warranty
2 sets of shocks
6 calipers
6 rotors
a few sets of brake pads
2 axle seals
a thermostat
a starter this last year at leas it was in my drive way when that died
a lot of oil changes
several air filters
and about 16,500 gallons of gas

today it has been off getting the rest of the coils replaced since it seems to have one die about every 3 months this year this time it was the 8th cylinder so as long as they are right there new plugs also , and a head light that went out last week

I just need to make it last 4 more years , I bought it when my oldest child was 2 months old in 4 more years she will be off to college

unfortunately I was on my way home from home depot Saturday when my trailer tire shredded with a load of lumber on so I am also getting 2 new trailer tires

well maybe a gun in a few more months.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
09-29-2015, 07:46 PM
actually I think it was just one of those weekends everything breaks , the toilet broke , the tire shredded , the van started missing bad the headlight went out and the kids broke a window

I would be more mad about the window but I new it needed re-glazing badly so this forces me to do that before winter

I had just finished paying off the new cloths dryer that replaced the one that caught fire earlier this year and the hot water heater that died this year

sounds like that country song , sounds like life to me , and at least I was the only trip to the emergency room this year , and everyone has been health

lightman
09-29-2015, 08:35 PM
Forest Gump said it best but I won't say it here. When it rains it pours. It sounds like you are coping with it and I hope it gets better for you. Good Luck Brother, hang in there.

leeggen
09-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Man I know that feeling, we have bought 3 sets of tires in the last 6 weeks. There was a familly dispute (not even my familly) about a peice of propertty that backs up to ours. Some jerk vandilized the drive with spikes and homemade steel bungee's. Idiot didn't know others lived on this drive. We will catch him one day, police said to just make sure he is still here when they arrive.
CD

crowbuster
09-29-2015, 09:59 PM
I feel for ya. Sounds like my life at times.

MaryB
09-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Point to the grave and say "he is right there"! I have zero tolerance for people like that

Man I know that feeling, we have bought 3 sets of tires in the last 6 weeks. There was a familly dispute (not even my familly) about a peice of propertty that backs up to ours. Some jerk vandilized the drive with spikes and homemade steel bungee's. Idiot didn't know others lived on this drive. We will catch him one day, police said to just make sure he is still here when they arrive.
CD

GREENCOUNTYPETE
09-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Point to the grave and say "he is right there"! I have zero tolerance for people like that

a grave seems like to much work , I think he tripped and fell in the pig pen