PDA

View Full Version : RD/NOE 32/380acp rerun

TXGunNut
09-27-2015, 01:02 AM
My friend Bigslug started a thread on the NOE site about a NOE re-run of the 32 and 38acp RD designs. Many of us carry pocket pistols and the RD TL design makes for some cheap, accurate practice. I think Bigslug may have already started a thread hereabouts but I didn't find it.
Let's face it: pocket pistols are all about shot placement. Shot placement is all about practice, practice, practice. Practice is all about cheap, dependable and plentiful ammo. Cheap and plentiful ammo.....you know where I'm going here.
Here's the link, I think many of us can benefit from this one.
http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,1009.0.html

rintinglen
09-27-2015, 07:03 PM
I have both of these that I was lucky enough to get from Michael when he was still in business. They rain useful boolits. I will likely buy one of the NOE 32 molds. Two would go twice as fast!

TXGunNut
09-27-2015, 11:21 PM
I ordered mostly rifle moulds from Michael before he shut it down. So far I've replaced one RD/Lee with a RD/NOE mould and am considering another. I remember reading about his 32 design, looking forward to trying his 380 design.

CHeatermk3
10-01-2015, 11:13 PM
I don't have a 32 pistol and only have 1 RD mould--the TLC-313-150-RF; It fits the chamber of my M85 carbine perfictly, as-cast, and, over 22.9 gn of H322 shoots right at MOA at 100.

It was the first load I tried.

I'm a believer in the RD molds.

TXGunNut
10-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Hmmm...I'm more interested in the 380 mould but I have a few 32-20's. What cartridge is your M85 chambered for?

Bigslug
10-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Thanks for spreading the love Tex! I launched a thread linking to the NOE/RD forum in our Group Buy Discussions folder.

I need both calibers, so am hoping we can get Swede into a caring frame of mind. Anybody who lives in Utah with a Colt 1903/1908, please take the boy shooting and get him hooked!

My thought is with the advent of Ben's Liquid Lube, the tumble lube grooves and relatively large meplat of these two R.D. slugs makes them a no-brainer for a cheap on time, cheap on materials, effective as the platform can be option for our pocket pistols.

An acquaintance dispatched an overly aggressive possum with one of the .380's out of an LCP and managed a nearly complete stem-to-stern bang/flop. That's about what I'm wanting in my pipsqueak rounds!

TXGunNut
10-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Sorry, Bigslug. Didn't find your thread. Figured some folks around here might like to know about these moulds. I'm a big fan of the TL design for most pistols, even like it in some rifle cartridges. Will have to study the maps a bit but I think I'll be passing thru Swede's part of the world later this month, should consider stopping by to shake the hand of a good man.

Dragonheart
10-04-2015, 12:46 PM
I would be interested in a 100 grain 9mm 4 cavity brass mold for powder coating, as I have found the Berry 100 grain bullets to be extremely accurate in a standard 9mm, as well as a pocket carry.