PDA

View Full Version : Unique tumber part 5

salpal48
09-25-2015, 10:39 AM
For your viewing Is one Of the most unusual tumbler I have. This is Made By Gemaco Manufacturing. . This design is Very Unique . I Believe they were the only Co who made them. They are in the Oblique class. with The 30 Degree angle. The only Moving Part is the Gear driven Motor. This has no rotating shaft. The Bracket is welded To opposite ends of The Drum. this make the Drum rotate top to bottom the bottom to top.. . The drum open On both ends and The drum Id completely encased in Rubber . No rust , No leaks
This model is In 4 lb , It also came in 8 as well as 16 lb's.
The motor is slow moving and Rotates @ 35 RPM. . Do to it's 3 way tumble It cleans in quick time maybe 3 hours . It will handle 100 30/06 with media.. It is made for wet or dry polishing
Unlike Today's tumbler Capacity weight was Not Including the Drum. when a Tumbler said it was 15lb's . That meant you could place 15 LB's of rocks and media inside
. Ir has a continuous Drive motor. No parts to Break or repair. and motors are available

Please review The Photo's
again These machine are Out there on the secondary market @ Low to Moderate Price waiting fo be Repurposed again. . This model is all steel and aluminum . Thanks for looking
Sal

LUBEDUDE
09-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Interesting stuff as usual. Thanks Sal!

mdi
09-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Does the drum turn ("the only moving part is the gear driven motor")? [smilie=1: :-D :-D!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

salpal48
09-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Yes the Drum Turns directly On the motor shaft . Then you can Un- clip it and remove.

mold maker
09-25-2015, 02:12 PM
I had one of those in the 70s. It did a great job of tumbling rock. The motor caught fire, and I could never find a replacement.
That should be a great tumbler for making Black Powder. The end to end motion mixes the contents better.