PDA

View Full Version : Is RCBS still making the 4X4 Press?

terryt
09-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Hi:

Is RCBS still making the 4X4 Press?

If so where can one buy one?

Thanks,

Terryt

kenyerian
09-24-2015, 10:49 PM
Try Midway
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/518013/rcbs-auto-4x4-press

jmorris
09-24-2015, 11:07 PM
RCBS quit making the 4x4 when they came out with the Pro 2000. They have since given up on the Pro 2000 and came out with the Pro Chucker 5 & 7 that they soon plan to come out with a case feeder to compete with the Hornady and Dillon machines.

Doesn't leave one with warm fuzzy feelings when it comes to product support though.

HGS
09-24-2015, 11:21 PM
There must be somthing wrong at Midway, they special odered an auto 4x4 for me off of their web site that was supposed to be Here around Oct. 22, 2015 a month ago. Now the midway number they used is gone, Will have to call midway tomorrow and find out.

HGS

jmorris
09-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Midway will do that. They have been known to string folks along for months (9 for me before) on a back order then cancel the order. You call and they will give you a different price or in this case tell you that the product no longer exists.

Pretty solid case of recital cranial inversion on a press that has been out of production that long.

If you want to waist more time you can send an email to Larry Potterfield.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-25-2015, 08:26 AM
I agree totally with jmorris. Cancel your order HGS and shop one of those new Pro Chuckers. I've got the Pro 2000 and once it was set up and running, I've never needed any support for it. That said, Both Dillon and Hornady's record on supporting older machines is pretty spotty, I've found from personal experience. At this point in time, all three are about equal in customer support, with RCBS being just ahead.

jmorris
09-25-2015, 09:12 AM
I read the other day that they are trying to fix the primer slide problems on the new pro chuckers and are close to getting a case feeder to work. If I were interested in one I would at least wait until they have those problems worked out.

dudel
09-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Don't see it on the RCBS website under products you can order.
http://www.rcbs.com/Products/Presses-and-Kits/Progressive.aspx

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-27-2015, 04:51 PM
I read the other day that they are trying to fix the primer slide problems on the new pro chuckers and are close to getting a case feeder to work. If I were interested in one I would at least wait until they have those problems worked out.

They should have stuck with the primer strips. Those things are the safest and most reliable primer feed on the market.

jmorris
09-27-2015, 07:44 PM
They should have stuck with the primer strips. Those things are the safest and most reliable primer feed on the market.

The folks that have them always love them. Would have been interesting to be a "fly on the wall" in the room when they decided to ditch the concept.

troyboy
09-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Why they went backwards is beyond comprehension. Even R Lee mentions what an outstanding improvment in saftey and convenience the Aps system is.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-28-2015, 02:50 PM
I think if they had taken a different approach to how they distribute the primer strips, they would have done much better. They only sell a few with the press and only offer a few in color in small packages. They sell them with their primers and if you want a quantity of the white ones, that's the way you have to get them or find another RCBS press owner to buy.

I think if they had sold the white strips in larger quantities (1000 or better a pack instead of 8), they would have done much better with this press. The only other thing they needed to do was to have better instructions for the initial primer adjustment, which simple and needs to be done only once.

terryt
09-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Hi:

Thanks for the info.

Terryt