PDA

View Full Version : NOE customer service

Love Life
09-23-2015, 05:42 PM
It's pretty amazing.

I ordered a mould from NOE, and it was accidentally sent to an old address (I move a lot and quite a few old addresses floating around). Once I realized what had happened, I e-mailed NOE through their website and asked if they would just forward it to my current address once the mould made it's way back to them.

Well, about 45 minutes after e-mailing NOE, I received an email from the owner himself saying a new mould was coming. I received my new mould 4 days later!! To top it off, I received an email this evening from the owner to check if I had received my new mould and if I was happy.

Can't be that!!

A big thank you to Al at NOE moulds.

Bjornb
09-23-2015, 06:20 PM
That's Al Nelson in a nutshell. And that's why I buy all my moulds from him.

jmort
09-23-2015, 06:41 PM
I have had him ignore multiple emails. Will still buy from NOE, but for me, Al came up short repeatedly. I would rather get a good mold and get bad customer service than vice versa. I have ordered 8 NOE molds, 4 ingot molds, and multiple expanders, so it is not like I have no experience with NOE. No one comes close to Tom at Accurate in terms of quality or customer service.

Love Life
09-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Well dang, hate to hear that.

Beagle333
09-23-2015, 07:03 PM
No complaints at all about NOE. Excellent everything!!:drinks:

(I've had great service from Tom and Miha too, but that's not for this thread.)

dragon813gt
09-23-2015, 07:05 PM
I hate him. He makes to many molds I want which causes my bank account to have a lower balance. The government should really do something about this because I can't help myself.

jmort
09-23-2015, 07:41 PM
"Well dang, hate to hear that."

Me too, but that is a fact, unfortunately. Just ordered a mold from him on 9-10-15. Looks good. Need to fire it up.

richhodg66
09-23-2015, 09:24 PM
I own several NOW molds, most I bought straight from NOE and a few from guys here used. NOE is the best in my experience. Great product, great service.

cheese1566
09-23-2015, 09:40 PM
I visited him a couplea years back when I traveled to his area from South Dakota for a family wedding. We messaged each other beforehand about me buying a rifle mold direct and saving shipping. He graciously met me on a late Saturday afternoon. At this time, his shop was in the back yard of his home. He very kindly gave me a tour of his shop and showed me his one small cnc mill at the time.

I am going back to the area next summer and hope to have the same experience and tour at the new facility. I may not need a mold, but will buy one from him direct nonetheless.

It was quite the experience to meet him and be handed my mold with a handshake deal!!
It felt like he should have autographed it for me. I only wish I had a picture.

LAKEMASTER
09-23-2015, 10:43 PM
i got all butthurt when i didnt get an email from Al months ago, but his molds are great and i havent heard anything negative from phone calls...

TXGunNut
09-23-2015, 10:48 PM
I've had nothing but excellent service from NOE and have it on good authority that I'm not the exception to the rule. My only complaint is that somehow he's gotten a look at my project list and somehow a mould that I'll be needing in a few years is magically on sale or up for a production run. Seems I have three brand new moulds waiting on my bench and I picked another up at the Post Office tonight.
I think I better do a bit of smelting next time a cool front comes thru; oh yeah, new ingot moulds will help with that. ;-)

Dragonheart
09-24-2015, 08:32 AM
I have 4 NOE molds with NOE handles and certainly can't complain about either the service or quality. On one mold order I didn't receive the mold lube as ordered. I emailed it wasn't in the box, got an immediate email back saying their mistake. Two days later receive three bottles of lube when I had only paid for one.

376Steyr
09-24-2015, 11:09 AM
The other day I managed to order the wrong mould and didn't realize it until I opened the mailing box. I sent an email that night asking about exchanging it, and had an answer the next morning. A regular business should have charged a restocking fee, plus shipping and handling on the mould I exchanged for. Instead I mailed the mould back, with a check for postage only, and the new mould was on its way to me the day after mine arrived at NOE.

Alexn20
09-24-2015, 11:14 AM
I have had nothing but 110% satisfaction from NOE. Great Moulds, great service, & selection. Wont even consider buying from anyone else.

cainttype
09-24-2015, 12:34 PM
I've received outstanding service from Al. No other vendor has gone to the lengths NOE has to cater to Group Buys and customer's wish lists in their stock inventory.
Have I had an unanswered email?... Sure, but I know the man is busy. If it's important to me, I'll try again... Al has always responded, but sometimes it takes a little while.

I am thrilled to have NOE out there...Not taking anything away from Accurate, MP, LBT, or Mountain Moulds. We are fortunate to have these guys producing such high-quality products. I can well remember a time when things were not so convenient.

Smoke4320
09-24-2015, 12:43 PM
he like many small business owners is running a shop with just him and a helper .. Everything falls on him.. (I Know the feeling)
sometimes you get overwhelmed and things fall thru the cracks .. Been There and done that .. All in all NOE is a fine company
he have the vast majority of my mold business

LongRangeAir
09-25-2015, 04:51 AM
The only thing I have against AL, is that every time, (well, almost every time), we talk, we put our heads together and come up with another way for me to part with my money. LOL!!!

Now That my friends, is a PROBLEM!

Knife

TXGunNut
09-25-2015, 11:44 PM
The only thing I have against AL, is that every time, (well, almost every time), we talk, we put our heads together and come up with another way for me to part with my money. LOL!!!

Now That my friends, is a PROBLEM!

Knife

It's worse than that for me. Many times when I visit his site someone else has already come up with a way for me to part with my money without the pleasure of talking to Al.
I must admit I did have to call him once. I'd been wanting one of his mallets for awhile. Every time I ordered a mould it seems he was out of them. One day I ordered a GB mould and lo and behold it was available! I ordered the mould, mallet and something else. All but the mallet arrived and I was a bit disappointed, lol. Here I was with an awesome semi-custom mould and I was more excited about a silly mallet. Still can't recall the mould I ordered that day but that mallet looks pretty cool on my workbench.
I e-mailed him to let him know of the shortage but told him to hold off on shipping it, there was another mould getting close to production and he could save the shipping by including it with that mould.
So yes, he's fallible. We all are. I know what it takes to ship out orders accurately and quite honestly he's better than most folks that I deal with on a daily basis. Attention to detail is very important in the machine shop business, that talent comes in handy in the shipping business as well.

zuke
10-03-2015, 08:46 AM
I no longer go onto his site. Too many I want and it's costing me a fortune

TXGunNut
10-04-2015, 12:37 AM

You're smarter than I am, have five new moulds and I'm plugging a couple more. I have more than a few projects on my to-do list and one mould isn't even on there....yet. Awhile back a "suggested buy" or something like that popped up and it truly was something I had a good use for, just didn't know about it until it popped up, lol. I need to sit down and review my project list. So many NOE moulds; so little time.

shoot-n-lead
10-04-2015, 02:53 AM
I know what you mean about Al...call and order a mold and it will be here before my money order can get to them. Just first class, all the way around...and their molds are decent, too.:)

rbuck351
10-04-2015, 04:41 AM
I had switched addresses from a PO box to house delivery and didn't get a mold I ordered so I called Al (he answered) and shortly another mold arrived at my home. A few day later I was at the post office and was told I had some mail that had been sent to my old PO box. The mold was there. I again called Al ( he answered) to tell him I would be sending the second mold back. I have had nothing but first class service from NOE. Oh yeah, the 5 NOE molds I have are as good as I have seen or used. I just have to stay away from his web site because I just can't help my self. I confess I'm an NOE addict. Help!!!

Harter66
10-06-2015, 07:57 PM
I am so glad there are so many others that have these problems with NOE. I am a little cranky last month I bought a mould and this month it's on sale .......
I fixed him good I got in on a group buy for a mould I really don't need but that will be a perfect solution to a problem I don't have. Ha take that.

I was a little bit disappointed with the last mould , in the past I've ordered on Wednesday and often had a mould Saturday afternoon. The last 1 got hung up I guess . I ordered Thursday morning and I had to wait until Wed to get a look . I suspect that there was a rush as 2 GB were coming off the line too. The small shop can and does get buried in its own success . I'm glad I was disappointed, it means another successful business has taken another step in growth which means Al has to have another set of hands to run paper and box moulds and ship orders.

oldblinddog
10-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I asked a question on the NOE forum to which I never got an answer. Maybe that is not the correct way.

I did get an answer later.

By the way, did I mention that I hate aluminum?

clum553946
10-14-2015, 06:24 AM
I like both Noe & Accurate molds! The only thing about Noe molds is that they always offer specials and like a fish on a hook, I always buy the mold I figure I can't live without! Lol. I guess there's worse habits! Their quality is fantastic, so I really don't have anything to gripe about, just saying that I'm a Noe mold sucker! & now I have to order some Vulcan gaschecks cause they just put a mold on sale that I've always wanted & just ordered!

Hickory
10-14-2015, 06:53 AM
You'll be back.[smilie=s:

Hickory
10-14-2015, 06:59 AM
I really don't have anything to gripe about, just saying that I'm a Noe mold sucker!
Hah, that ain't nothing, I bought a mould for a caliber of gun I did not own or have.
I had to buy a gun for the mould.

clum553946
10-14-2015, 08:02 AM
Hah, that ain't nothing, I bought a mould for a caliber of gun I did not own or have.
I had to buy a gun for the mould.

Lol! I feel your pain!

oger
10-17-2015, 10:51 AM
If you have trouble with NOE it's your fault not theirs, plain and simple answer.

Tailhunter
10-17-2015, 11:19 PM
I have one thing to say about his customer service, overboard. :bigsmyl2:
I sent him an email with a question about the small pins backing out of the handles. I had heard about drilling them and adding roll pins to keep the handles on. Wanted his advice on what size drill and pins to use. He called that evening and wouldn't even let me get my question asked. He said I'm sending you a new set of handles and I want to look at yours and find out what the problem is. I was like why? He said he has never seen that happen and was curious as to what was going on. I honestly would have been happy drilling and pinning them but no, he wouldn't listen to that. :)

Djei5
10-18-2015, 12:26 AM
I have had him ignore multiple emails. Will still buy from NOE, but for me, Al came up short repeatedly. I would rather get a good mold and get bad customer service than vice versa. I have ordered 8 NOE molds, 4 ingot molds, and multiple expanders, so it is not like I have no experience with NOE. No one comes close to Tom at Accurate in terms of quality or customer service.

Then why bother with NOE at all?