PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the range

jackley
04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I was at the range today going to shoot my ML for the postal shoot. Well its the first nice day we've had here in a long, long time. So I'm just walking around looking for brass and I stop at the pistol range and there are boollits laying all over in the backstop. So I gets my lead bucket out and starts picking them up. Get about a 1/2 bucket of range lead. This is when it gets GOOOD!!! When an older GENTLEMAN pulls in to shoot his 1911, and ask what I'm doing. I tell him mining for lead. He say's "There's no future in that, follow me to my house" So off we go. We get to his shop and he has 50 or 60 buckets of WW's and gives me 2. Then says I need the buckets back as soon as I can get them back to him. So I goes to the truck and dump them in the back and bring his buckets back to him. He laughs and says if you can get the buckets back that quick I'll give you 2 more. So I dump them in the truck. 4 heaping full buckets of WW today. Without begging at one tire shop. Good Day!!

Well then I take them home. feeling fat dumb and happy. My wife ask "How'd you shoot". OOPS I forgot to go back to the range. Oh well another trip to the mine. I mean range.

Jerry

chevyiron420
04-04-2008, 07:16 PM
i got so excited at the last tire shop i scored at i left a full bucket of WW right there next to the wheel balencer!-phil

Vly
04-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Should have asked him if was a member of this site. Anybody with that much WW has to be a good guy. :)

Ricochet
04-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, that was really nice of him!

VTDW
04-05-2008, 08:31 AM
How sweet it is!!!:drinks: