PDA

View Full Version : Analysis on these Loads

OnHoPr
09-22-2015, 06:10 AM
I seen something interesting on a little youtube off shoot. Can someone explain the firings of these weapons. The weapons used are the 45 colt, 44 mag, and 480 ruger. The 45 colt is factory loaded ammo. The 44 mag is reloaded ammo. The 480 ruger is ? ammo. Notice how on the 1,2,3, and 6 shot of the 45 colt there was small fire ball and on 4 & 5 there was not. On the 44 mag the first three were 310s and I am not sure if the Hornady's were handloaded of the last three, only the 5th one had a fireball. On the 480 out of the five shots there was only one fireball on the 4th shot.

What is causing the fireball or why was it non existent in all of the other shots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdCndinUSJI

runfiverun
09-22-2015, 07:11 PM
listen to the shots of the 45 colt,,,,, you'll hear why.

tsubaki
09-22-2015, 08:26 PM
I don't believe there is any analysis on the loads needed.
The problem likely lies with the recording portion.
For those of you that might remember the opening segment of Bonanza, the wagon going down the road would have a wheel stop and even go in reverse as the wagon progressed forward.
It simply got in time with the frames of the shutter and created that illusion.
It's probable there are unrecorded portions of the footage of that guy shooting. Probably even worse, enhanced footage capturing the muzzle flash at just the right time.
Creating the flash/no flash situation.

tsubaki
09-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Imagine it this way.
Lets say the human eye and ear can discern 100 pieces of information a minute. If you had a recording devise and it was only capable of maintaining 50 pieces of information a minute, half of the information would be lost or not recorded when played back.

FullTang
09-22-2015, 10:45 PM
+1 Benny---it's all about frame rate, and could easily be an artifact of the video itself. Plenty of other potential variables in the powders used and overall loads, but it's impossible to say on video unless it's very high frame rate.