PDA

View Full Version : She got a doe!

nagantguy
09-19-2015, 10:55 AM
149286My daughter got a doe on opening g morning of the youth hunt!!!!!!! She was using a 94/44 with some 312 grain cast boolits pcd gloss black over a full dose of h110. A 25 yard neck shot and dtr. The doe, 5 of them were moving west to east, and came into the clearing at 7:36 after walking 5 feet to our right. When they moved in front of us I thought we were busted, five sets of eyes on us but after a few minutes they just resumed there east ward march, when the largest doe separated her self from the group by a few feet she eased her hammer back, took a breath, let half out and pressed the trigger. It was a quartile away raking shot, she was trying to put it in behind the ribs and must have jerked the trigger or flinched cause she hit the neck. She was honest enough to tell me that she didn't hit where she meant to! I was able to see her harvest her first deer!!!!!!

lightman
09-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Congrats to you and her! Another Hunter is created.

Hickory
09-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Did she get it in Australia?
Down under.:kidding:

trapper9260
09-19-2015, 11:05 AM

Hope this will help to see better

Hickory
09-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Tell you daughter good job and never feel bad about putting food on the table.

John Wayne
09-19-2015, 11:19 AM
I'd be really proud, and especially the honesty :^)

Hogtamer
09-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Now you gotta teach her to lie! Right in the neck Dad, didn't want to mess up any meat! good on you and your girl!

buckwheatpaul
09-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Those are those special moments that both you and your daughter will cherish and remember...congrats to your daughter and to you for spending time with our most precious resource...our children!

Hamish
09-19-2015, 11:24 AM
:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Moment like that are what it's all about. Tell her way to go!

nagantguy
09-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the photo help, she feels bad in the way that is appropriate, a living thing died at her hand, a beautiful creature that will have no more fawns,ect but she said out loud, "l won't let a peice of you go to waste". Today is now my greatest hunting memory and that little winchester now belongs to her.

merlin101
09-19-2015, 11:30 AM
I was going to say fantastic, but than I read this part and now I just don't have a word that tops FANTASTIC!

Thanks for the photo help, she feels bad in the way that is appropriate, a living thing died at her hand, a beautiful creature that will have no more fawns,ect but she said out loud, "l won't let a peice of you go to waste". Today is now my greatest hunting memory and that little winchester now belongs to her.

EMC45
09-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Well done! One day my bunch will be out there hunting soon........

nicholst55
09-19-2015, 11:51 AM
she feels bad in the way that is appropriate, a living thing died at her hand, a beautiful creature that will have no more fawns,ect but she said out loud, "l won't let a piece of you go to waste".

I always felt that way when I was hunting; it is our responsibility to harvest the game cleanly and not let it go to waste. I always felt sad after killing one of God's creatures.

smoked turkey
09-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Very impressive from start to finish. Memories are a wonderful thing. Someone has said our kids will not remember the video and computer games, but this is a deer season neither of you will ever forget! Good job.

BrassMagnet
09-19-2015, 12:01 PM

Now she needs reloading and casting tools, dies, brass, etc.
You have created a monster.

I suspect she is a high energy Monster. Enjoy the ride!

SSGOldfart
09-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Well done,now teach her to cast her own and load them congratulations

trapper9260
09-19-2015, 05:47 PM
You are welcome on the photo and I see you teach her well also and the value also of taken it for food.Keep up the good work and tell her work on getting other things now unless she is able to get another one.

Teddy (punchie)
09-19-2015, 08:17 PM
All sound great!! Never mind the spot placement, all worked out for the better. All about respect and using what we shoot, sound like she learned that or is learning. Hope she likes the deer meat. Sure is darn warm here in PA as we started our early archery season. Tell her great job!! God Bless!!

osteodoc08
09-19-2015, 08:53 PM
A memory to last a lifetime. Cherish it and enjoy it now because before long she will be walking down the isle with you.

huntersdog
09-19-2015, 08:57 PM
Nice deer and good shootin'.

tdoyka
09-20-2015, 12:19 AM
awesome lookin' deer!!!

smokeywolf
09-20-2015, 12:57 AM
You are both to be commended. Your daughter for her shooting skills and her feelings, signified by her promise to the doe, and you for teaching her these things. Out world would be so much better if more dads were like you and more daughters like her.

Really a great looking doe.

TXGunNut
09-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Good job, both of you!

retread
09-20-2015, 01:05 AM
She has quite a grin on her face but I imagine yours equaled it! Great job!

mjwcaster
09-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Tell her great job.
I am not much of a hunter, a little small game, love hog hunting but just enjoy getting out in the woods.
My daughter turns 10 in a few months and wants to go hunting.
She really wants to go deer hunting, so looks like I will have to learn how sometime.

I plan on taking here out with me squirrel hunting this year, see how she likes it.
I am ordering her a slightly better bow now and looking to get her back into some archery classes.
Firearms I can teach, bows, well I know to get help.
She loves archery.
In a year or two if she keeps it up she will get a real bow and we will have to hit the woods looking for her deer.

Reason for a bow is firearms deer hunting is limited in this area, but archery only hunting areas are just a few miles away. And she loves archery.

Thanks for posting.

Matt

DougGuy
09-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Tell her GREAT work there lil sis! :) Good story, good deer, good times!

OnHoPr
09-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Bravo to both of you and congrats. Ahh, that was just a bit of doe fever on the shootin. Good call on her part about the shot. She will overcome that with a few more under her belt. Looks like its time to start integrating nature, ballistics, animal behavior, cooking recipes, reloading tools, etc. Did she help drag? I hope the school and/or kids don't mess with her to bad in todays era and that she handles it well.

redriverhunter
09-20-2015, 05:33 PM
congrats, I hope my daughter and i can share the same experence have to wait till last weekend of oct.
rrh

4719dave
09-20-2015, 05:38 PM
well done .those times are never forgotten ...Good job neck shots are mine point of aim ..SOMETIMES lol

35 shooter
09-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Congratulations! I like the promise she made to the doe. She's going to make a fine outdoorsman...or woman rather!

kodiak1
09-20-2015, 06:43 PM
That is one happy looking girl there. Great.

kens
09-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Now you gotta teach her to lie! Right in the neck Dad, didn't want to mess up any meat! good on you and your girl!

OH Man!!!
that really is some messed up meat. I love the neck roast.
Put a whole neck in the crock pot until it falls off the bone, then salt & pepper it, and let me know if there any leftover!!!!
you can also cut it between each spine for smaller pieces to make chili with.
Tell her congrats!!!!

woodbutcher
09-20-2015, 09:59 PM
:-D Outstanding young lady.Congratulations on a fine doe.Oh yeah.Same to Dad.Hehehe.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Gator 45/70
09-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Neck shot...Sweet!!!
No busted guts to deal with!!!

oldred
09-21-2015, 10:09 AM

Just tell her what I tell the bleeding hearts that cry over the murder of Bambi, Mother Nature had even worse planed for her!

These anti-hunters who scream we are being cruel to these wild animals need to stop and think that the hunter makes the end happen quickly and usually painlessly while in nature it's rare for either to be the case! How many of these animals die of old age? How many of them pass peacefully after retirement in the quiet serenity of the forest as the bleeding hearts seem to think they would otherwise do if the cruel bloodthirtsy hunters would just leave them alone? Of course WE know what really happens, torn apart and eaten alive by predators is the end for most or dying from sickness or starvation as they become older and/or crippled. It's the extremely rare case for any wild animal to die a quicker and less painful death than that from a hunter, I'm not saying hunting is heroic but rather it is just not the cruel and inhumane sport the anti's would have people believe!

But of course we all already know this but it sure made my kids feel a lot better about hunting after looking at the facts.

gtgeorge
09-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Congratulations to you both. Nice for and great to know how she feels about it. She is a great addition to our future.

BrassMagnet
09-21-2015, 11:21 AM
I have heard a number of friends are sending goodies for her to give her a start on casting and reloading for her new rifle!
Some funds, too!
Surely these memories will last a lifetime.

nagantguy
09-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Thanks to you all, it was already a great memory but good people have made it better, gear and such kind words! She is still smilingly ear to ear, had a parade of well wishers stop by to see her deer, handshakes hugs and some good natureed teasing , like couldn't have shot it closer to the truck? My daughter asked me about you guys as she read the posts and I had to tell her I've never met any of ya. Her reply was that explains why you guys like me!

Artful
09-23-2015, 09:19 PM
AWESOME DOE - and your daughter has a wicked sense of humor.

Congrat's to you both and thanks for sharing.

koger
09-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Congrats to both of you, I remember when my son killed his first deer with a ML at 13 years old!

Leatherhead Bullets
09-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Raising girls to hunt and appreciate what God has given us is priceless. My 16 year old daughter has 6 big game animals under her belt. A prayer and a promise over the animal similar to your daughters takes place every time before she gets to work with the knife. These are proud moments as parents and onlookers. Keep up the good work!

Edward
09-30-2015, 03:18 AM
Awesome kid/Awesome Dad :)

Silvercreek Farmer
09-30-2015, 08:22 PM
If they had lined up, that load would have probably killed all 5 of them in one shot!

glockmeister
10-02-2015, 04:55 PM
trapper, congrats to you, you raised a good huntress and tell her I said congrats for the harvest and the honesty. Both are appreciated by this old hunter. Take care, John:coffeecom

P.S. Bet you can't wipe that smile off her face with 80 grit sandpaper!!!

Brewster6514
10-04-2015, 11:19 AM
good job. she will remember that for the rest of her life. I still remember my first deer as if it was yesterday. :cool:

mart
10-04-2015, 01:39 PM
It's always fun to deer hunt. It's a whole lot funner to help someone get their first deer. Good job.

BrianL
10-05-2015, 11:47 PM
My son's first deer will always be remembered A nice 197 lb 8 pointer. i told him that with a start like that it would probably be downhill from there. He made a liar of me with a 203 lb 10 pointer the next year, with the admission that he had been aiming at the neck with the buck running full tilt downhill and hit it behind the ear. What he did not know at the time was that I had jumped the deer and saw the whole thing and could confirm the events. That was with a M! Garand with 173 gr 311041 cast boolits. The kid was good. Seems that the young ones can teach us sumthing.