PDA

View Full Version : Nice holsters.

Bill*B
09-18-2015, 04:51 PM
"Sometimes I will, then again I think I won't
Sometimes I do, then again I think I don't"

Carry Big Iron, that is (apologies to Chuck Berry). If dropping a Beretta 950 into your pocket just won't do - you want the real deal - check out Jim Ryan (http://www.jrcholsters.com/). His BS-SS will hold a Sig P220 under a loose shirt or sport jacket so neatly that only you will know it's there. I have no relationship with him, but the 3 holsters that I've purchased from him have all been flawless.

Blackwater
09-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Thanks, Bill. With so many doing CCW, it's good to know folks who produce really good, really effective CCW holsters. Lot of talent out there in leather working. I'd also have to recommend the Andrews McDaniel IWB holster - the most comfortable and effictive IWB holster I've ever had experience with. My little 4" Lwt. Kimber tucks away very neatly, securely and accessibly in it, and I have never found IWB very comfortable until I got this holster. FWIW, and thanks again.

doc1876
09-19-2015, 08:25 AM
The song Big Iron was done by Marty Robbins. It was about a gun, custom made by, and for, Andy Anderson. He was the holster maker to many of the stars in Hollywood. Steve McQueen used his gun in the movie Nevada Smith. James Drury liked it so well that he had Andy make him one that he used exclusively from then on.

Silver Jack Hammer
09-19-2015, 11:15 AM
The thing about comfort carry is to not neglect the belt. A good double stiched leather belt really distributes the weight. None of pants, slacks, trousers or jeans have them little belt loops neither.

Markbo
09-21-2015, 07:21 PM
..... None of pants, slacks, trousers or jeans have them little belt loops neither......

What the heck does that mean???

EDK
09-23-2015, 06:10 PM
What the heck does that mean???

You need pants with belt loops to take a decent sized belt. Some authorities on CCW think a 1 1/2 inch western style belt is a giveaway that you're packing something serious. A lightweight belt and even a GLOCK is misery after a few hours.