PDA

View Full Version : Never Hurts to Ask ..

HollandNut
04-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Livin in a small community has its advantages sometimes , most all the time really ..

Stopped by my tire shop this afternoon to arrange for wifey to have $700.00 werth of rubber put on the cowgirl cattleack .. Ernie was going over the prices for me , and says at the end $14.00 hazmat disposal fee ( for the old tires ) ..

I asked him " speaking of hazmat fees , what do you do with your old ww's ?? "

He says he can reuse about half of them , the others I can have free , so I jus added about 100 more pounds to the collection ..

Life is good ..

Bret4207
04-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Bring Ernie some nice fresh donuts a couple times a month. It helps.

Whitespider
04-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Aaaahhh yes, small town life is a good thing. We have the company vehicles serviced at a small shop, we drop the vehicle off and they bring it back. I drive 500-1k miles a week so my van is in for service about once a month. Whenever their WW bucket is about 1/2 - 2/3 full they just dump it in the 3 gallon bucket I keep in the van before bringing it back. The owner ain't Ernie though, his name is Dean. :mrgreen:

selmerfan
04-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Whitespider, I'm coming for your tire shop! I'm down southwest of you an hour or so and go to seminary in the east end of the state. I cruise the tire shops over there and have discovered that it's all in who you talk to. I've collected a few hundred pounds this spring that I need to melt and clean into ingot form.
Selmerfan

bpost1958
04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Every tire store I visit I ask for old WW. All they can do is say yes or no. I like it when they say yes!

EMC45
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm hitting up the boys this afternoon.