PDA

View Full Version : How long will I hafta wait???

CHeatermk3
09-15-2015, 10:26 PM
I've been wanting another Ruger revolver but couldn't make up my mind---Blackhawk, SBH, Redhawk, 44mag, 45Colt,...then I saw the 5-shot Bisley thread; 454 Casull/480 Ruger not my cuppa tea. Then I watched the uTube from Gunblast and went to the one about Ruger's new Redhawk 45acp/45Colt--I'm a round butt gripframe kinda guy so as soon as I saw it I was sold.

Went to my local, small-shop stocking dealer, Dale, and asked if they could get me one--I want to support him and his biz. for a lot of reasons--and don't want to buy from an auction site. He said that his supplier is Sportssouth and they he will "definately get one when they do", as he is first in line(they are on allocation). He also assures me that they (SS) would not have the item listed unless they were sure to get some, even though they are not stocked yet. I was there when he called again a couple of days ago to see what's up and spoke with whoever he talks to there; they're not in yet.

Just wondering if anyone knows any more about them; how is it that some guys back East have one-off listings of the new Redhawk, for some pretty high "buy it now" prices, yet a big outfit like Sportssouth and Lipsey's has none in stock?

I also am wondering just how many of these new Redhawks constitutes the first run--is it a few hundred, a couple of thousand, or just a much smaller number to "test the water"?

Anyone know?

I'm chompin' at the bit here!

reed1911
09-16-2015, 12:13 PM
Last one I saw in stock was with Lipsey's, you may want your FFL to look into that.

TXGunNut
09-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Hard to say. It wouldn't surprise me if a few internet retailers listed an item for sale before it was on their shelf. Sportsouth is a good company but each rep (IIRC) is allocated a limited number of the sought-after goodies. Being first on his list may not make you first on the company list. Stick with your LGS, I understand your reasons for supporting him.

CHeatermk3
09-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

nockhunter
09-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Those Redhawks look cool! I am waiting for the 480 SBH myself.

Mike

CHeatermk3
10-02-2015, 12:36 PM
I called Ruger CS and asked the friendly rep. about this revolver. He said that the Redhawk line is in production but right now they (Ruger) are gearing up production for christmas and hunting season so way more of their people are working to produce 10-22 and CF rifles. The initial run was 5000 of the convertible redhawks and "in a few months" they will be available "everywhere", when they gear up production of revolvers and pistols for spring, which is their normal time for cranking out handguns.

eljefe
10-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Lipseys shows this item as "allocated" which means short supply.I am a dealer and checked their dealer page.