PDA

View Full Version : Girls are shooting, Better look out Daddy.

Teddy (punchie)
09-15-2015, 08:00 AM
Well eight years ago I became a Father, Dad, etc. Some of the things I hear, Daddy!! just mean !! at times, and from time to time they fight like two cats, or dogs after the same bone.

But two weeks ago we the girls and I and few buddies started shooting clays ( we shoot country style). This week they each broke a few birds. Mandy is a butterfly easily bored, so she shoots about 10 shells, maybe pull one of the throwers, to watch everyone shoot, and then ready to head up to Gram's and play on puter.

Abby on the other hand likes to shoot, maybe loves to shoot. So far in last two weeks, she shot a .410 (single), 20 gauge (pump), 357 Sig, 30 Carb, semi 223. I can not believe she is just fearless at shooting. The 357 Sig makes her arms jump and take a little step sometimes and she just shoots again.

So far they are just making noise, mostly, not hitting much, but there learning. Safety first guns are a tool that can kill. To count, how many shots, cost of brass, cleaning up the field. Being frugal ( reclaiming birds, brass, and control) I'm sure the hitting will come in time.

LOL is funny watching them try to hold a gun made for a larger person. We most of the time have to stand over them and help, watch, even grab a falling gun. Yell at them for not pointing down range, loading with fingers in wrong place, even dirt in the end of barrel.

Funny thing is, well maybe to too funny. The reason for taking them was first for them to learn to shoot. Second was to get buddies boys to try different guns, or just to shoot the guns. The girls are shooting and the boys just play around, or get yell at and go to play on the puters (phones). I do yell, I caught one loading in direction of Mandy, I yelled scolding him and as always if I see that AGAIN I"LL TAKE THAT BUTT OF THE GUN AND IT WILL MAKE CONTACT WITH YOUR HARD HEAD. I'm not much for playing with gun, I'm all for being understanding but If I see a gun pointed wrong and under a action of where it may go off I get loud and down right mean. I'm not too bad if it is just pointed wrong direction, but at someone and loading falls into the just asking for something bad to happen and should not be done, I get mean.

Hey by the way they both shot archery. This summer and are good shots and the teams coach asked if they can shot at some shoots at school for the team. I say your asking the wrong person, are they aloud yes do they want to ?? Ask them. So they are both on the team as junior fill-ins for the shooting for the team against teams that have a 3rd grade and up team.

Boys are going to have there hands full !! Cute girls, a blonde and redhead. Farm girls that know how to shoot, work, butcher, can and respect life, and people.
They are already getting picked at school about dirty farm and the hard work. I just tell them to tell the picker: " "Hey ask your rich Daddy to try to buy one, o yea that's right he can't too many people have the same thinking and have build homes on all the farm ground and it all gone none left for you rich family to buy."" Girl if we all sell out we will be in huge trouble. Even so so ground in USA is still some of the best in the world.

Life been Good this year hard but good.

Teddy

kungfustyle
09-15-2015, 08:54 AM
All city girls know how to do is pick up the phone to order dinner or pop it in the microwave. Not all, but a bunch.. Its funny that people are loosing how to do things for themselves. Easier to buy it than to make it.

mjwcaster
09-15-2015, 09:10 AM
My daughter is about the same age, she likes to shoot, but bugs me more about archery.
My friend has a few kids, when we take them shooting the boys shot a little and got bored, the girl, 8 at the time wouldn't stop shooting.
22, 45, AR(223).
She really loved the AR.
My daughter was mad she didn't get to shoot the AR, but she was busy playing at the swingset with the others so she missed out.
Went fishing at the range last night and stopped by the trap range on our way out to watch.
She wants to try that next, I just need to make sure someone has a youth size gun there for here (should be no problem, just need to give the guys a heads up, they love getting the kids shooting).
I hate having kids shoot trap with a gun that doesn't fit (or anyone for that matter).
It can get so frustrating, when a decently fitting gun makes all the difference in the world.

And my 12 guage is a little unwieldy for a little one.

Good job getting them into anything other than video games.

Preacher Jim
09-15-2015, 05:09 PM
My daughter has been my shooting and reloading pardner since she was 6 years old. She is 49 with a son 20 and daughter 18. They were at her insistence taught safety and how to shoot when they were 8+6 now family time always includes a day at the range. Daughter is as good with any gun as I am.
Nos if I could just get them to clean what they shoot.