PDA

View Full Version : Day at the range!

tward
09-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Looking forward to range trip today, beautiful cool morning! Got set up shot my GP100 with some 38 specials, nice target, no issues. Tried my Beretta Neos, had some failure to reset problems. Shooting good, then a case bounced off the wall and behind the lens of my shooting glasses! Way more inspirational than when a hot one goes down your shirt! Then switched to my Heritage Rough Rider and a Remington Cee Bee got stuck in the barrel, what a day! Bullet came out easily but it's the first time I got a bullet stuck in a barrel. Tim

edler7
09-14-2015, 10:43 PM
Even with all those hiccups, it's still better than going to work.

Glad you got out to shoot.

Bzcraig
09-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Even with all those hiccups, it's still better than going to work.

Glad you got out to shoot.

Ain't that the truth!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
09-15-2015, 01:11 PM
add a ball cap to the range bag it helps a lot with those brass that try and get to your eye , I put it on my suggested equipment list for the county youth shooting program , I had a young lady who had that happen last year it was still hot enough that it left a burn that blistered on her upper cheek just under her eye she had wrap around shooting glasses on but that one managed to get in from the top

I was just at a training this last weekend and we were comparing notes ,the other 2 pistol instructors have been having more problems with 22lr rounds not cycling the pistols , we had 2 failures while we were doing the live fire training portion , basically we are shooting any 22 ammo we can get so we are shooting the stuff we would have avoided in years past.

FISH4BUGS
09-15-2015, 01:31 PM
I went Sunday in the rain and had the place to myself. Kind of spooky....maybe I am just paranoid. I went up and made sure the gate was locked, so at least if anyone came in they would be a member.
Shot up a bunch of 223 sighting in a Colt 6933 SBR. Got it shooting at 25, then totally off the target at 50 yds. I got frustrated and changed to the Colt Officer's Match 38 shooting 4.0 gr 231 over H&G #51. Nice shooter.
Even though it was rainy and wet, it was a pleasant afternoon.