PDA

View Full Version : changing steyr floorplate

acsteve
04-03-2008, 05:24 PM
has anyone tried to replace the manlicher-clip magazine with a more standard magazine, atleast one like on a mosin nagant?thanks

Ed Barrett
04-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I believe many were converted to 8mm mauser and made to work without a clip. Perhaps you could look around for one to look how they did that. Or someone could post a picture of one.

chevyiron420
04-04-2008, 03:34 AM
the magazine on a 8x57 steyr looks just like a regular one except the bottom is closed off. the have a sheet metal clip inserted in the mag that stays trapped in there unless you take it apart. its funny, i guess im a m95 fan cause i never minded the mag at all. i have shot more rounds thru my m95's then any other of my rifles.-phil:Fire:

acsteve
04-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I was thinking more about converting so as to allow the use of a regular scope. I think I saw a posting of a well made (home made) bdl type floor plate.

chevyiron420
04-04-2008, 01:34 PM
there is nothing to hold the rounds in the mag without that clip so whatever mag was used it would have to have feed rails made to it. i know what you mean about the scope, i had a nice m95 with light colored wood fitted with a scope useing modified small ring mauser bases. it made her into a singleshot. i was going to change over to pivot type bases so i could roll the scope to the side to load but some jerk stole the gun!-phil