PDA

View Full Version : Made some lube...

tinhorn97062
09-14-2015, 09:53 AM
...and I thought I'd share the recipe and results.

7oz beeswax
5oz Vaseline
teaspoon Lee ALox
teaspoon Johnson's Paste Wax

I put all that into a pan and melted it all down good, and then poured it all into a tupperware container to solidify. Once solidified, I applied it to some 420gr boolits with my fingers, and then ran them through a Lee push thru sizer. I thought the consistency came out fine...not super soft, but easy enough to rub into the lube grooves.

I loaded those over some H4198 for about 1400fps. They shot accurately and there was a nice lube star on the muzzle after a few shots. I'm happy with my home brew, so I thought I'd share with the class.

runfiverun
09-14-2015, 10:20 AM
pretty decent version of BAC.

tinhorn97062
09-14-2015, 10:28 AM
I probably saw that recipe at some point, but don't recall it offhand. Can you link me to it? <- - - never mind. I found some info on it.

I forgot a key ingredient to the recipe. My daughter chose a hot pink crayon for color.

Geezer in NH
09-19-2015, 04:49 PM
I probably saw that recipe at some point, but don't recall it offhand. Can you link me to it? <- - - never mind. I found some info on it.

I forgot a key ingredient to the recipe. My daughter chose a hot pink crayon for color.Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!