PDA

View Full Version : Single Shot Magazine from Wolf Publishing

Scharfschuetze
09-13-2015, 11:41 PM
I was at the grocery store tonight and saw a special edition magazine on the rack.

It's titled "Single Shot Rifles and Cartridges" and is published by the same people that publish the Rifle and the Handloader magazines. It is mostly dedicated to the older designs and cartridges although the Ruger No 1 is featured in one chapter.

It looked interesting so I picked it up.

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-14-2015, 12:11 AM
I knew there was a reason I needed to go to the grocery store in the morning. Thanks for reminding me...

Rich

Nobade
09-14-2015, 07:48 AM
Yep, if I were Paul Shuttleworth I would be a bit miffed at that magazine. They ran an article about the Stevens 44 1/2, talked about all the places that have reproduced it, how great it is, etc. And never mentioned CPA rifles even though he took out a 1/4 page ad in the magazine.

-Nobade

Don McDowell
09-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Wolfe Publishing purchased Black Powder Cartridge News from SPG. They must of changed the name, I just hope they honor the subcriptions, I've got about 2 years left on my last renewal.

Nobade
09-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, if this is what BPC News has become I don't want it. Hopefully they do a good job with that magazine, it was one of the few worth reading.

-Nobade

Skipper
09-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Well, if this is what BPC News has become I don't want it. Hopefully they do a good job with that magazine, it was one of the few worth reading.

-Nobade

It isn't the same magazine

http://www.riflemagazine.com/blackpowdercartridge/

Don McDowell
09-14-2015, 11:32 PM
Well hopefully they don't change to much stuff. I know a couple of folks with pretty close ties to the "News" were fairly optimistic this was a great thing for us that read the "News"

slumlord44
09-15-2015, 01:28 AM
My Black Powder Cartridge came today. Wolf Publishing has taken it over but no mention of a name change and it is supposed to stay pretty much the same but will have more content. Time will tell.

Don McDowell
09-15-2015, 12:40 PM
My copy came in the mail today. Looks pretty good, like the expansion of the articles in the match results section.

Finnmike
09-20-2015, 08:49 AM
I glanced at it, and was disappointed in the absence of the CPA, although it is not vintage. $9 was a bit much for this cheapskate.

dlbarr
09-29-2015, 01:00 AM
I trimmed back on my various subscriptions a couple years ago. Instead of 2 or 3 that come every quarter, I have one that shows up every month: the humble Single Shot Exchange. I find that this magazine has enough variety that it satifies all my shooting interests.