PDA

View Full Version : Passive resistance.

JeffinNZ
09-11-2015, 11:18 PM
So over the back fence is a fairly rough family. They have youth there periodically who think that very loud, thump, thump, gangsta music is appropriate and acceptable. I beg to differ. Today they lit up the music and the usual coarse language. Turns out they can't compete with a four stroke lawn mower running full throttle being pushed very slowly around my yard. Twenty minutes and the score was Jeff 1, Louts 0. http://oldshooters.freeforums.org/images/smilies/giggle.gif

DLCTEX
09-11-2015, 11:29 PM
Score!

Vann
09-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Now if you can just figure out how to get them to turn that noisy mess down when they pull into a service station for gas.

Way to go on the home front though.

dlbarr
09-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Right On JeffinNZ! I like your style.

:drinks:

MaryB
09-12-2015, 12:03 AM
They pull into a gas station next to me I fire up the shortwave transmitter in the truck on 20 meters, 100 watts of HF into their amplifier has been known to fry them...

Mk42gunner
09-12-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm surprised they even heard the mower, unless the muffler was accidentally loosened:twisted:.

Robert

aspangler
09-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Yep that works for me as well , Mary. 250 works better though. :mrgreen:

starmac
09-12-2015, 04:01 AM
A few years back some folks from up north (this was in NM) bought the house and quarter section next to my old partner. They immedieately started calling the law on his son and grandkids, even managed to get the county to put a stopsign up on the dirt road. We built a motocross track, lighted it directly across the dirt road from their house. Nightly racces till upwards of two in the morning, sheriff called multiple times, nothing illegal going on. It did not take long for the forsale sign to come up.

10x
09-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Funny, I have lived in this neighborhood for 35 years. Every other house in the neighborhood has had at least 5 or 6 families through it in that time.
I don't think it is anything I am doing.....

BrassMagnet
09-12-2015, 12:49 PM
My Dad had a new neighbor buy a few acres and put in a mobile home, and block access to one of my Dads hay fields. When he started complaining about my Dad farming, Dad decided to raise pigs...against the idiots fence!

Budzilla 19
09-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Back in the mid 90's, neighbors complained about my shooting in the evening after work so I quit shooting in the evening and lighted my backstop to shoot at night!!!! Who, me, shoot a 30-06 at ten at night a week before deer season????? Why no, officer, not me!!! Just doing function testing on my customers guns, sir! No more complaints when we changed neighbors. Now neighbors want to be in on the shooting!! Got to love living in the country!!

GOPHER SLAYER
09-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Jeff, those same people used to live next door to me. By the way they also grew pot.

Ballistics in Scotland
09-12-2015, 01:28 PM
So over the back fence is a fairly rough family. They have youth there periodically who think that very loud, thump, thump, gangsta music is appropriate and acceptable. I beg to differ. Today they lit up the music and the usual coarse language. Turns out they can't compete with a four stroke lawn mower running full throttle being pushed very slowly around my yard. Twenty minutes and the score was Jeff 1, Louts 0. http://oldshooters.freeforums.org/images/smilies/giggle.gif

Just keep beating them like that till 3am and it will really teach them.

tward
09-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Jeff, you are a BAD MAN!!!:awesome::awesome: Tim

Taylor
09-12-2015, 06:46 PM
They pull into a gas station next to me I fire up the shortwave transmitter in the truck on 20 meters, 100 watts of HF into their amplifier has been known to fry them...

I want one!! Where do I get it??

LuckyDog
09-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Me too! !!!!!

MaryB
09-12-2015, 10:16 PM
I can do 1kw on 2 meters... but I wouldn't want to be near the antenna!

Yep that works for me as well , Mary. 250 works better though. :mrgreen:

MaryB
09-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Mobile ham rig... around $700-1500... buy a CB and go get an amp at a truck stop... same thing happens!

I want one!! Where do I get it??

Lead Fred
09-12-2015, 11:32 PM
6-7 years ago, some folks decided to stay up until 4am celebrating The 5th of May.
3 hours, and a few minutes later my air hammer was removing the roof off of a 54 Merc I had in the back yard.

Not a peep since then

Taylor
09-13-2015, 07:20 AM
Not being electronically educated..how does this work? Does it require an antenna?.Back porch operation? Range...I need 50 yards. Can it be directed?

Too many questions for this to write out. I do have an interest.

Geraldo
09-13-2015, 07:23 AM
An old guy I know said he pulled up at a light and the kid in the next lane had some loud music blaring out his windows. Old guy shoves a polka CD in and cranks it up. Kid looks over, then turns his radio down. Age and treachery...

RayinNH
09-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Don't you just love people who have a need to share their so-called music with the world. :roll:

Goatwhiskers
09-13-2015, 09:21 AM
I pulled in to the local WM at the same time a thug pulled into the slot next to me with the "bump" at full volume. He left the power on and went into the store as I did. Seems he was still inside when I came out, his "music" still playing. His window being down, I reached in and pushed the eject button. On second thought, reached back in, pulled the tape out, dropped it by the driver's door and planted my boot on it. Dunno if lesson learned or not. GW

Yodogsandman
09-13-2015, 10:05 AM
When they pull up next to me at stop lights my truck horn goes off, seems to ruin the song.

When I can hear the neighbor kids cars coming from down the road, from inside the house and then they want to sit in their cars listening for awhile, my truck alarm keeps going off. That's what the red button on the key bob is for!

rockrat
09-13-2015, 10:16 AM
I have done this at a gas station and at a stoplight. If I can hear the thumping and loud music, I just start the tape of the William Tell Overture and crank up the music. Make sure my windows are open towards them, but closed on the other side. Get nasty looks, but every now and then they roll up their windows and don't "share" their music with the rest of the world!!

bullet maker 57
09-13-2015, 06:01 PM
We had some nasty neighbors once. They were having a party. Got some chicken poop. Put said poop on the garden. Watered said garden. Party over.

clintsfolly
09-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Drunk neighbor just had to crank his music till 3:00am the 2nd time I asked him to turn it down. He offer to beat my backside. The cop about 8ft to my left was not real inpressed. After 45 min in cuffs I the car. The cop ask me if I wanted to press charges or let him go. I let him go but got up at 7:00and was in the shop and started my 18"wood planer with the over head door open just a cross the street from his bedroom window. Still have some of that hard maple to use.:)

fcvan
09-13-2015, 11:27 PM
I had a neighbor cranking 'Rap' (complete with profanity) I could plainly hear from across the street and three doors down. I asked him to turn it down and he started on the 'freedom of speech' rant. I explained to him that some speech is regulated which is why some music cannot be played on radio stations or sold to minors. I also advised him that if his 'music' could be heard on the sidewalk in front of his home, and said 'music' contained profanity, that constituted 'disturbing the peace.' I also explained I heve no preference to what he listens to, but I have preference to what my daughter is exposed to (grade school at the time). He apologized and turned it down. BTW, I never considered cranking my Ham Radio in an attempt to blow an amp. Devious, ingenious. I wonder what 100 watts of 6 meter would do with a directed beam from a Yagi ;)

MaryB
09-14-2015, 12:22 AM
1kw on 2m sure gets into the computer speakers! At my neighbors! Gotta get that new tower in and get that antenna higher!

dagger dog
09-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Our local ham operator could broadcast through the speakers of our console Hi-Fi (remember those) with the stereo unplugged, he was a good 1/2 mile away !

StolzerandSons
09-14-2015, 05:56 PM
It's all juvenile games until someone turns it into a murder suicide...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3232954/Authorities-3-brothers-shooter-killed-murder-suicide.html

45workhorse
09-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Now if you can just figure out how to get them to turn that noisy mess down when they pull into a service station for gas.

Way to go on the home front though.
230 grains through the dash [smilie=1:

Beerd
09-14-2015, 10:40 PM
1kw on 2m sure gets into the computer speakers! At my neighbors! Gotta get that new tower in and get that antenna higher!

What's that going to do to my pacemaker?

MaryB
09-15-2015, 12:00 AM
Pacemakers are shielded so not much! They recommend you don't sit in a strong RF field for a long time. By the time it reaches the neighbors house 100 feet away it is no longer a strong field, the power levels have dropped a lot. Once I get all 4 antennas at 35 feet it will go over the top of any nearby houses. My station setup, computer screen on the left has both radios on it for computer control. Left to right is antenna rotor control box, then 1kw 2 meter amplifier, then center is a pair of Yaesu FT-991 radios, right is a Yaesu FT-7900 for the local 2m/440 FM stuff... weather station console and computer far right.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/maryalanab/IMG_20150913_0242214301_zpsutm2zmsh.jpg

RP
09-15-2015, 12:11 AM
I just went to the outdoor panel box flipped the main and put a lock on it they were to drunk to figure it out so when I went to work in the am I removed the lock and flipped the main back. That early in the morning they quickly turned the music back off.

starmac
09-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Love it. lol

Hannibal
09-15-2015, 03:45 AM
Tannerite at dusk has a way of making a point as well. I have been dubbed 'That Crazy (edited for family friendly content) Over Yonder' since then.

I'm rather proud of that title. Guess that makes me a Bad Man.

jonp
09-15-2015, 08:48 PM
6-7 years ago, some folks decided to stay up until 4am celebrating The 5th of May.
3 hours, and a few minutes later my air hammer was removing the roof off of a 54 Merc I had in the back yard.

Not a peep since then
People from downsouth bought vacation house next to me. In typical flatlander fasion they showed up for a week and playwd loudmusic till 0200. Next day I let them know I got up for work 0400 and could they tone it down which ended as you expect with lots of profanity and "we will do what we want". Left for work and a few days later got back and spent the night at my hunting camp and showed up back home 0400, turned on the floodlight and fired up the woodchipper. Lots of words so next night 0330 with the chipper. Quiet after that about 2200.

Sold a few years later after the neighbor threatened me and started across the property line at me to be met by my 357mag. No house is worth killing someone over so I moved.

mexicanjoe
09-15-2015, 11:21 PM
Neighbors decided to shoot 9 mm at night( 11:00 pm). I get up at 0400 to work... After 10 minutes of shooting, I unpack my 3 1/2" Redhawk ,with magnaport, and cut loose 6 rounds into the berm..... The hens quit laying eggs or a week, the dog wouldn't leave the porch, and I singed the cottonwood tree, but no noise from neighbors......happiness!!!

Outpost75
09-16-2015, 12:05 AM
My radios are a little older, and simpler, but still get the job done. When I lived inside the beltway my response to loud music was to put on my Dean Martin in Las Vegas CDs, and go out on the deck to clean my shotgun.

kentuckyshooter
09-16-2015, 01:16 AM
My papaw had somd neighbors move in on the next street over. Not long after they threw a big party. It was late at night and he went over and asked them to turn the music down. They did for a few but they cranked it right back up. He went back over and asked them again to turn it down. They said no problem and turned it down. He no sooner got back to his porch than they cranked it up again. By this time hes pizzed. He goes back over and tell them if they dont turn it down and leave it down he will show them some noise. They dont pay him no mind this time. He goes home and loads up the cannon in his front yard. When it goes off it goes quiet. The next day the guy comes over to make peace. He didnt speak much english but he got his point across. He was sorry and wouldnt do it again just no more boom boom. My papaw looked at him and sayed d-@%? Right no more boom boom

jcwit
09-16-2015, 07:41 AM
I would likely do as many here have mentioned.

But then I also remember the old saying, "Two wrongs do not make a right".

Then I also see the Banner with Cross and the "Bitter Clinger", is this REALLY a Christion response?

Hickory
09-16-2015, 08:29 AM
I was a guest at a lake cottage some years ago and there was a lot of personal fireworks being shot in the night. Across the lake, someone was shooting them off into the wee hours of the morning.
The following year we were invited back again, but the fireworks stopped at around 11:00 PM.
I commented about the contrast from the following year, and the owner of the cottage said that last year someone shot an areobomb through the window of the offenders cottage. Blew out windows, caused a lot of damage and a small fire.
He said that after years of complaints, that someone must have had their fill of fireworks that lasted all night long.

jbutts6785
09-17-2015, 08:35 AM
I have found that loud bagpipe music works well. :-D

JeffinNZ
09-17-2015, 02:50 PM

You mean the agony bag.

Col4570
09-17-2015, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdqjcMmjeaA
Give them this on full volume,after they finaly get to sleep.

Littleton Shot Maker
09-17-2015, 03:28 PM
this is now my favorite thread on this whole forum NICE works gents, I only wish to grow up one day and be HALF as evil as you all, I have much to learn , thank you so very much . please keep this going- BETTER than the thread kill post. For REALS!!!!

Some One link up 'Flight of the Valkeries' from Apocalypse Now, with the guns, and rockets and all it's Napalm Glory!!!! UMM close my eyes and can smell....never mind ---nothing here to see, my bad

LuckyDog
09-18-2015, 10:13 AM
What?
WHAT CAN YOU SMELL?

Team Spirit? or VICTORY! :twisted:

white eagle
09-18-2015, 10:47 AM
neighbors,aint they the weirdest at times
I bought a piece of land in the country
cleared a spot for a cabin and put in a road
low and behold land across the street gets sold and the new
owner puts up a trailer park.Nothing against trailer parks but put em some where else.
At any rate I have a range at the back of my property and shoot whenever I can
seems the trailer parkers didn't share my enthusiasm for the finer things
left a note for me on my entrance basically telling me to stop
even called the DNR to check my range out
Guess who still shoot there..Yeah neighbors can be a pain :Fire:

sparky45
09-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Beautiful shotgun; I have 4 like it.

My radios are a little older, and simpler, but still get the job done. When I lived inside the beltway my response to loud music was to put on my Dean Martin in Las Vegas CDs, and go out on the deck to clean my shotgun.

AllanD
09-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Not being electronically educated..how does this work? Does it require an antenna?.Back porch operation? Range...I need 50 yards. Can it be directed?

Too many questions for this to write out. I do have an interest.

Back about 20-25 years ago one of the amateur radio magazines had instructions on how to convert a microwave oven to a legal limit amplifier for the 2.3GHz band.. someone else later published instructions on how to mount it to a waveguide output and feed it into a Satellite TV antenna...

Aim that at your most annoying neighbor and you'd cook their Parrot, pop all their microwave popcorn FRY everything electronic in their house (TV, radio, cell, phone, etc) AND give them a brain tumor all at the same time...

73! N2TBI

starmac
09-18-2015, 01:11 PM

They should, isn't that what they were designed for? lol

Ole Joe Clarke
09-18-2015, 08:08 PM

Lovely Model 12, I've owned one 50 plus years.

MaryB
09-18-2015, 09:25 PM
I used to run 300 watts on 1.2ghz to a 10 foot dish. The radiated power from the dish is not enough to cook anything(will warm you a bit maybe) but the front of the feed horn would kill. Had a bird land there just as I fired up on transmit and it cooked it.

Back about 20-25 years ago one of the amateur radio magazines had instructions on how to convert a microwave oven to a legal limit amplifier for the 2.3GHz band.. someone else later published instructions on how to mount it to a waveguide output and feed it into a Satellite TV antenna...

Aim that at your most annoying neighbor and you'd cook their Parrot, pop all their microwave popcorn FRY everything electronic in their house (TV, radio, cell, phone, etc) AND give them a brain tumor all at the same time...

73! N2TBI

dragon813gt
09-18-2015, 09:36 PM
But then I also remember the old saying, "Two wrongs do not make a right".

Then I also see the Banner with Cross and the "Bitter Clinger", is this REALLY a Christion response?

I thought I was the only one that noticed the horrible responses. Some of them are illegal and worse than the initial "offense". Hypocrisy abounds and people have a way of thinking they are in the right.

leftiye
09-19-2015, 07:40 AM
I thought I was the only one that noticed the horrible responses. Some of them are illegal and worse than the initial "offense". Hypocrisy abounds and people have a way of thinking they are in the right.

Git over it. You haven't been appointed to judge nuthin.

jcwit
09-19-2015, 07:57 AM

And by this response you also are acting as the judge!

Folks make reply's such as have been made, then make religious reply's to others, I too see more than a little Hypocrisy.

Me? I judged.

dragon813gt
09-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Another great response. Shows a lot about your character if you choose to accept destruction of someone else's property as acceptable.

And by the way, its posted on the forum so I'm allowed to comment. I should log in from a computer to see how many of the posters are flying religious banners under their name.

starmac
09-19-2015, 02:42 PM
LOL, I guess we could just go by the old ways, and just dot their eyes when they won't turn the radios down. lol

JeffinNZ
09-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Would you people stop ruining my thread with bickering?!

Gator 45/70
09-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm seeing a pattern here with'' New'' people moving in and wanting to change things to suit their needs,
Glad you old guys are so very creative.....!!!

woodbutcher
09-20-2015, 11:25 PM
:twisted: Some of you fellers AND gals sorta sound like my Grand Father.And NO I`m not gonna tell you some of the **** HE pulled on pesky neighbors.Hehehe.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

fiberoptik
09-21-2015, 12:59 PM
I called cops on them types, reported their pit bull never fed, always beaten. Funny how the dead skunk managed to get into their mailbox when they left for the weekend......

fiberoptik
09-21-2015, 01:03 PM
On another note, never take your sword cane into the VA hospital, or tell them how you shoot squirrels & stray cats in your back yard in the city. Ask me how I know.