PDA

View Full Version : Gun safe eye candy

pmer
09-09-2015, 08:25 PM

I think I'm having new computer/WIN 10 issues so I'll try and enter text using the edit feature.

We got these gunsafes at work. They are all American Security brand. In the "vertical wall", the one round "in floor style". That stack of quick access fingerprint style and the 4 standing ones. That silver one is a beast, one of the three brown ones has lighting too.

These don't fit the companies business plan and they want to offer them to employee's! I think they came from a lock and safe business that shuttered. Has anyone had one of these Amsec safes?

GSM
09-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Don't have that particular brand, but the ones with the three spoke handles look familiar. Do you know who made the tumbler? Can you open them to see what the UL designation is?

dragon813gt
09-09-2015, 10:17 PM
AMSEC makes some high quality safes. But not all of them are. What models are they? The BF series are the ones marketed towards firearm owners. Their TL rated safes are actual safes.

pmer
09-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Oh I clicked "unlink" and can type here now. They are nicer than my Stack-ON Elite for sure. The first two brown ones have mechanical spin dials and the third brown one has a digital combo. At the moment I don't know what there ratings or models are. I never heard of a TL rated gun safe, I suppose it would have a higher price point. I'm curious to check on that now. I kinda like one of those 4 smaller safes or that brown in the wall safe on the corner of the pallet. I would have to be creative to find a wall deep enough to hide that one.

Artful
09-10-2015, 02:32 AM
I have tumbler and digital - only issue I ever had was with digital
- I'd suggest getting the tumbler

unless the digital has a backup way of getting in besides the keypad.

dragon813gt
09-10-2015, 05:10 AM
TL rating is not for gun safes. It makes it a real safe and the price reflects it. I suggest you go to their website and find out what they are: http://www.amsecusa.com

pmer
09-10-2015, 08:08 AM
I have tumbler and digital - only issue I ever had was with digital
- I'd suggest getting the tumbler

unless the digital has a backup way of getting in besides the keypad.

Most of the time digitals will start acting up before they out rite fail and that's when they are easiest to fix/replace.

mold maker
09-10-2015, 11:48 AM
I recently had to pay $280. (with a discount) to access my dial combo safe. Took 13 min and I didn't get the replaced lock to shoot at.
If they act up, don't wait for them to totally fail. The major part of the price was to (no drill) open the safe. Replacing the lock was cheap.