PDA

View Full Version : e-bay victory

onceabull
04-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Big money "commercials" missed one,so it's MINE.. Modern Bond B-280, 2c ,109 gr Nominal,their interpretation of Guy Loverin design for 270 W..fine lease item available @ NCBS '08..[smilie=1: Onceabull :roll:

Buckshot
04-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Big money "commercials" missed one,so it's MINE.. Modern Bond B-280, 2c ,109 gr Nominal,their interpretation of Guy Loverin design for 270 W..fine lease item available @ NCBS '08..[smilie=1: Onceabull :roll:

...........Who the heck would be shooting a .270? :-) Good thing I'm wearing fireproof skivvies!

..................Buckshot

onceabull
04-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Buckshot: Prudence(maybeso cowardice) requires that my lips be sealed re:members who have acq. 270 moulds from me..I made it most of the way to 8 decades without a 270, THEN,while strolling around Shapel's, Mark hails me with Hey,look what I found for you,knowing how much you like the old Husqvarna HI-POWERS." The 270 would fit right between the 220 S.and the 30/06". Must of stalled for a moment,because J.Taffin pipes in with "remember how highly Elmer K.recommended the 270 as a coyote rifle"..That was the last firearm I bought from Mark personally before he left us.. I'm thinking you will be well served with a 270 for those coyote sized whitetails you will be taking in the backyard once you are retired in N.Idaho..!!:mrgreen: Onceabull :-D

NVcurmudgeon
04-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Buckshot: Prudence(maybeso cowardice) requires that my lips be sealed re:members who have acq. 270 moulds from me..I made it most of the way to 8 decades without a 270, THEN,while strolling around Shapel's, Mark hails me with Hey,look what I found for you,knowing how much you like the old Husqvarna HI-POWERS." The 270 would fit right between the 220 S.and the 30/06". Must of stalled for a moment,because J.Taffin pipes in with "remember how highly Elmer K.recommended the 270 as a coyote rifle"..That was the last firearm I bought from Mark personally before he left us.. I'm thinking you will be well served with a 270 for those coyote sized whitetails you will be taking in the backyard once you are retired in N.Idaho..!!:mrgreen: Onceabull :-D

Bill, is that a small ring, no thumb cut out for clip loading Husqvarna? I have a Lyman die set and file trim die being sadly neglected in my shop. I may enter the bidding on that one!

onceabull
04-03-2008, 06:32 PM
NvC: Bill, insofar as I know, The Hi Power Rifle series from Husqvarna were built on Belgian( FN) large ring actions. Later(mid '50s) they first made their own large ring actions,modified("Improved") fttt up into the '70's when they left the bizness.I've seen comments that Sears md.51 is the same action,but have not inspected same...Regardless it will still quiet down any coyotes you may come upon. [smilie=1: Onceabull

Calamity Jake
04-03-2008, 08:31 PM
[Who the heck would be shooting a .270? Good thing I'm wearing fireproof skivvies!]

http://photos.gunloads.com/images/CalamityJake/castinthe270.jpg

MY Rem 700 270 and the Saeco 270 @ 100

Anybody else shoot the 270 W